Sponsored

Trade-in valuations

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've been working with several local dealers and my trade valuation is a more critical piece than the purchase price. One dealer has offered me the KBB-derived value, but the others are as much as $4K below that level. The good news is that that the dealer offering the best trade is right in there on discount from invoice.

Anyone else in my situation have any thoughts/comments on how dealer-offered values are tracking to KBB valuation? I'm using the "trade-in" valuation on KBB.
KBB doesn't list the available options for the JL, such as the optional LSD, that would add to resale. Maybe take an average of NADA, Edmunds, KBB.
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
KBB doesn't list the available options for the JL, such as the optional LSD, that would add to resale. Maybe take an average of NADA, Edmunds, KBB.
LSD has zero dollar value on the secondary market, that’s why it’s not listed.

LHuffman47

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Sales Manager
The best way to get an Actual Cash Value of your vehicle is to take to it Carmax. They will offer you the same regardless of whether or not you are shopping with them.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
On trade they will never give you kbb trade in value lol.. unless they are moving numbers around give you less discount on the new vs more showing on trade. In the end they always win

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The best way to get an Actual Cash Value of your vehicle is to take to it Carmax. They will offer you the same regardless of whether or not you are shopping with them.
carmax is under valuing right now. Just went through this with my son's car. the lady at carmax even warned me they are coming in very low right now. (it was shocking). They told me the problem is everything is closed down, including auctions, so there's less turn over. Hopefully that will change soon. Anyway, the dealer ended up giving us way more.

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Actually, KBB replied to my question on this, saying the manufacturer hadn't supplied them with cost information on a 2018 JL
Sounds like a standard BS response from them.

Even beyond Jeep, you won’t find optional LSD as a value add-on for any vehicle that it’s offerred on. Black Book, NADA, etc...

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
Back in February vroom and AutoNation offered 10k for my Audi tdi.

Last week, vroom offered almost 12k. I couldn't sell it to them fast enough. Super painless process.
Sponsored