Sponsored

Tracking build

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Just wanted to give an update, the tracker does work with Australian vin number for build sheet only it seems. Hassled dealer today it was put on a boat (Tysla) a few days back, now just motoring its way to Auckland then Brisbane to Port Kemble on to Melbourne for 23rd of May arrival. No window sticker been issued on the tracker.

Hey Mate

How long after you ordered did you get your build sheet. I order in late January and still cant see my build sheet?

Cheers
Sponsored

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
About 3 weeks I think. But my order was placed in November but dealer made errors whuch were picked up in January so new order was placed 14th of February. Was very messy I got jeep Australia involved, also lodged a complaint with the ACCC and threatened them with Victorian small business commissioner for financial compensation as there was a contractual agreement between businesses with a delivery date (when you buy a car as an individual you have basicaly no rights). Hence the order was fast tracked by Jeep themselves.

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
About 3 weeks I think. But my order was placed in November but dealer made errors whuch were picked up in January so new order was placed 14th of February. Was very messy I got jeep Australia involved, also lodged a complaint with the ACCC and threatened them with Victorian small business commissioner for financial compensation as there was a contractual agreement between businesses with a delivery date (when you buy a car as an individual you have basicaly no rights). Hence the order was fast tracked by Jeep themselves.
Hey mate had yours arrived yet? Must be close. I’ve managed to get one that has come out of stock which I think might have come off the same shipment as yours as my original order didn’t get built before the shutdown. I’ve been told it’s coming from Melbourne as I’m in Perth.

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Hey mate had yours arrived yet? Must be close. I’ve managed to get one that has come out of stock which I think might have come off the same shipment as yours as my original order didn’t get built before the shutdown. I’ve been told it’s coming from Melbourne as I’m in Perth.

Sitting at Prix cars Altona dropped into dealer today because they don't return calls ... had my phone number wrong no sure how that happened as contract has the number on it.. due Friday delivery told will be at least another 2 weeks due to convid quarantine. Doubt I will ever buy another Jeep again
If you have VIN you can track from the prixauto web site

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Zeek just been told the may 27th shipment in Melbourne has been quarantine by boarder security and will not be released till July sometime.

Sponsored

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Zeek just been told the may 27th shipment in Melbourne has been quarantine by boarder security and will not be released till July sometime.
Hmm that sounds bit like a bullshit excuse to me, I would be questioning that. Mine has finally been shipped out of Melbourne a week ago and is somewhere in transit. Ive been tracking it on the Prixcar website but I'm not sure how accurate that is as the ETA just keeps shifting. It only take about 5 days for a ship to get from Melbourne to Perth. There are a whole bunch of cars sitting on the wharf at Fremantle and I suspect it is somewhere there.

I got a call from the dealer yesterday to say it should be delivered to them sometime next week however due to Covid they laid of 50% of their workforce so it could take as long as a month for it to go through the dealers pre delivery process.

FCA needs to get their shit together. I love the Jeep brand and product but they are really testing my patience. They have a real opportunity to snap up the market share that Holden is leaving behind but the way they are going I wouldn't be surprised if they also pulled out of the market.

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Well they are shipping a car from Sydney to Melbourne for me now as the one on the boat is not been released by customs. But 22 days to get it from Sydney to Melbourne by transport they are telling me..totally full of shit if it is not delivered by Saturday next week I will buy a ranger instead be fucked with jeep 3 cars they will have tried to deliver without success and the lies from the manager just over it now.

OP
OP
Joey

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Jeep Wrangler JL Tracking build 20200624_122720

Well I have it at last. Really happy with the colour way better in real life then pictures as everyone has said... the Dash is a lot less offensive the I thought. Pretty stoked with it.

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Tracking build 20200624_122720

Well I have it at last. Really happy with the colour way better in real life then pictures as everyone has said... the Dash is a lot less offensive the I thought. Pretty stoked with it.
Looks great. Apparently mine will be ready next week. Can’t wait.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Fabulous! I look forward to seeing you out on the bush tracks!

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
Congratulations Joe. Great colour.
Sorry to read you had such a poor experience with the delivery process. Time to consign your purchase troubles to history and enjoy your Jeep.

:like:
Sponsored