millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on my Toplift Pro to arrive and I am looking for suggestions from anyone that has one on security measures. I live in a manufactured home community and when my top is off it will be under my carport. I have security cameras, so that is deterrent #1. I was thinking of deterrent #2, chaining the toplift pro to a large wooden shed I have at the end of the patio. Deterrent #3 any way to lock/secure the hard top to the Toplift pro???. Don't get me wrong. I am in a relatively safe neighborhood, but those are 2 very pricey items. Maybe I will put a tarp over it so you don't know what it is....
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Waiting on my Toplift Pro to arrive and I am looking for suggestions from anyone that has one on security measures. I live in a manufactured home community and when my top is off it will be under my carport. I have security cameras, so that is deterrent #1. I was thinking of deterrent #2, chaining the toplift pro to a large wooden shed I have at the end of the patio. Deterrent #3 any way to lock/secure the hard top to the Toplift pro???. Don't get me wrong. I am in a relatively safe neighborhood, but those are 2 very pricey items. Maybe I will put a tarp over it so you don't know what it is....
I don’t have a toplift, but I bet you could use a cable or chain and lock it to one of the bolt holes on the top. Then you could attach/lock the other end to whatever you want. That’s the only way I can think of to lock one up.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have a toplift, but I bet you could use a cable or chain and lock it to one of the bolt holes on the top. Then you could attach/lock the other end to whatever you want. That’s the only way I can think of to lock one up.
That's a good idea. Haven't had the top off yet so forgot about the bolt holes.

Thanks

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@millerjl no problem...just enjoy going topless!