OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I've purchased most of the originally mentioned items and wanted to seek some advice about the McGard Wheel Locks (Part # 24515). I decided to have my mechanic install them since I don't trust myself not to over tighten and don't have a digital torque wench.

My mechanic expressed concern over using these because the cone shape did not match the rest of the stock lug nuts:

Jeep Wrangler JL Security Related Accessories / Theft Prevention McGard vs Stock
Pictured: McGard (left) vs. stock (right) lug nuts

Is this a legitimate concern with regard to weight/load distribution on the lugs? A representative from McGard says these should work (they are the same thread size) and I assume they have done enough rigorous testing of their product, but I wanted to see if anyone could provide me with a more scientific answer?

Last edited:

whit1206

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Federal technical Contractor

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Have any of you installed a kill switch in your jeep? If so do you have one you recommend or what did you use? How did you install it?

Also, have any of you used any tracking devices on your jeep? I know some of the Jeeps come with tracking devices from the dealers (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/need-help-removing-gps-tracker-add-on.54014/) but what if I want to add my own? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Both Verizon and AT&T have vehicle trackers you can plug into the OBD port. They also communicate with the engine's PCM and provide diagnostic info, and alert you to upcoming maintenance issues.

You just have to pay monthly and it only works when you the Jeep is within a cell tower range.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I'm kinda surprised that the only JL Tuffy Security Product offered is that tiny center console insert They have replacement glove boxes and underneath drawers and such for JK's and TJ's etc.

Sponsored

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I'm kinda surprised that the only JL Tuffy Security Product offered is that tiny center console insert They have replacement glove boxes and underneath drawers and such for JK's and TJ's etc.
I have a tuffy rear trunk lid.