flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking for a tonneau top that covers the cargo area and rear seat area for a 2-door JL Sport. I want to remove the rear seat, and be able to cover the entire area from the tailgate up to the rear of the front seats. However, I can only find tonneau tops that cover the small area between the tailgate and the rear seat, which is almost useless for me. To be clear, I'm not looking for a hard tonneau...just a soft one that snaps into the groove around the body tub, like Bestop, Rampage, etc. Any ideas?
Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Been looking for a tonneau top that covers the cargo area and rear seat area for a 2-door JL Sport. I want to remove the rear seat, and be able to cover the entire area from the tailgate up to the rear of the front seats. However, I can only find tonneau tops that cover the small area between the tailgate and the rear seat, which is almost useless for me. To be clear, I'm not looking for a hard tonneau...just a soft one that snaps into the groove around the body tub, like Bestop, Rampage, etc. Any ideas?
Likely more than you're wanting to spend just for a cargo cover (understandable), but I've been looking at this for an in-jeep hammock hang + cargo cover option, and it covers everything even with the seat out, and can triple as a hammock or cargo cover.

https://jkloud.us/collections/hammo...eep-wrangler-jl-2-door?variant=32298035937342

OP
OP
flyer92

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Krondor. I saw this too, but I can't tell if it covers the entire area from tailgate to the back of the front seats because it is only pictured on a 4-door. Can you advise?

Wreckem...thanks for the recommendation on the Jeep hammock. I'm not 100% sold on it's ability to sufficiently cover the cargo area, BUT I'm always down for a good Jeep nap!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I haven't seen pictures on a 2 door either. So it'll be a mystery until someone gets one and puts up a picture.

Sponsored

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Likely more than you're wanting to spend just for a cargo cover (understandable), but I've been looking at this for an in-jeep hammock hang + cargo cover option, and it covers everything even with the seat out, and can triple as a hammock or cargo cover.

https://jkloud.us/collections/hammo...eep-wrangler-jl-2-door?variant=32298035937342
This awesome, thanks for posting this. I didn't even hesitate and bought it right away. Solves a bunch of problems for me for camping and versatility.

Jsdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s 2dr
MasterTop makes a couple. The "Ultimate Summer Soft Top Combo" in both a sail and twill or a "wind stopper and tonneau". The difference is how it attaches to the edge of the door. I have the Ultimate and it uses the factory soft top channel at the door to make a tight fit acceptable to be relatively weather protected with doors on (I use it all summer long and rain is not a problem). The other version has a gap at the door, but doesn't require the soft top hardware. They can be used with the windstopper off or tucked down as just a tonneau. I love mine and leave it on all summer long. My biggest complaint is that with the windstopper up and installed, I cannot recline my seat as much as I would like. If you don't have your seat all the way back and like it reclined a little, you would be fine.
Sponsored