Recommended Tonneau Cover for soft top JLU

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
Im looking for something I can leave on as long as I have all the windows off on my soft top and that will easily work with top up or down. Im thinking that way if caught in the rain I can go into Safari top mode and keep most of the rain out of the back. I live in South Florida and rain can hit at anytime esp during the summer.
I'm considering this from Quadratec - MasterTop Tonneau Cover for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited, maybe with the wind stopper. Also is the twill fabric that much better than the black diamond fabric? I do not have the premium soft top.

Let me know what you think, thanks in advance.

(mods, sorry I posted in wrong section, thanks for moving)
Sponsored

Last edited:

ranxoren

First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Following - I tried the Mastertop (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/ultimate-summer-soft-top-combo-wrangler-jl-unlimited) one for the exact same purpose and it doesnt allow the top to lock in the down position. You can pull it down but the latches will not lock it.

I also ended up returning it because the fit is not nearly as nice as the photos make it look.
That one you link to is also one I considered. What prevented the top from being able to get it down enough to lock it?

this is the one Im considering - https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/wind-stopper-tonneau-cover-combo-kit-wrangler-jl-unlimited

ranxoren

First Name
OT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
That one you link to is also one I considered. What prevented the top from being able to get it down enough to lock it?

this is the one Im considering - https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/wind-stopper-tonneau-cover-combo-kit-wrangler-jl-unlimited
Yeah that's what I had (+ a side cover which was not the intereference). Basically the top cant lower low enough to get into a lock position.
It hits the cover before it gets to the point that you can lock the latches.
You can lock the latches themselves of course but the top isn't in the lock position so it'll go up and down freely. I thought my latches were broken until I took off the cover and lowered it again and it locked just as before.

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bump ...anyone?

Sponsored

mvsjeepin

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR, 21JLUR
I purchased a tonneau cover from Suntop for my 18 JL a couple of years ago. it has held up great. they are based out of italy.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I have the Rampage tonneau cover. It's very similar to the Mastertop, at least in pictures. I've never been caught in the rain with it, but I'm sure it would do a pretty good job in a light rain. When installed the back is a little higher due to the design and the tailgate bar brackets... maybe that would make water pool in the cover or run to the front and drain right behind the back seats. I also have the wind breaker, but I never use it. There is a gap between the door and edge of wind breaker, so rain will still get in.

As for the soft top down, it won't lock like mentioned above. But I just use straps wrapped around the soft top bars and roll bar, and that keeps it from moving for the most part. I've also unhooked the back of the cover, stuffed it into the tub, and the top locks with no issue.

I highly recommend the Rampage tonneau cover, just to keep prying eyes out when I have things back there. The fit is really tight, and material is nice. If you can find the Rampage products in stock, you'll probably pay less too.

OP
OP
JayCeeX2

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the Rampage tonneau cover. It's very similar to the Mastertop, at least in pictures. I've never been caught in the rain with it, but I'm sure it would do a pretty good job in a light rain. When installed the back is a little higher due to the design and the tailgate bar brackets... maybe that would make water pool in the cover or run to the front and drain right behind the back seats. I also have the wind breaker, but I never use it. There is a gap between the door and edge of wind breaker, so rain will still get in.

As for the soft top down, it won't lock like mentioned above. But I just use straps wrapped around the soft top bars and roll bar, and that keeps it from moving for the most part. I've also unhooked the back of the cover, stuffed it into the tub, and the top locks with no issue.

I highly recommend the Rampage tonneau cover, just to keep prying eyes out when I have things back there. The fit is really tight, and material is nice. If you can find the Rampage products in stock, you'll probably pay less too.

thanks, is this the one you have - https://www.rampageproducts.com/rampage-741036-tonneau-cover-includes-tailgate-bar-kit

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe

Sponsored