Tire Decisions!

OP
OP

cyberteq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Eco Diesel
Aggressive. Mountains in idaho. Summer tires only.

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
Mickey Thompson recently released a new tire called the Baja Boss, it's an M/T tire and I spoke to one of the engineers at length about it at an event a few months ago and went for a test drive and it drove and handle well unlike some of the other Mickey Thompson tire that only perform well off road. This tire was designed for both street and off road use and being user friendly.
I just took delivery of my Rubicon a couple of weeks ago and ordered them and my wheels yesterday. I will post up about them once I get them.

OP
OP

cyberteq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Eco Diesel
Mickey Thompson recently released a new tire called the Baja Boss, it's an M/T tire and I spoke to one of the engineers at length about it at an event a few months ago and went for a test drive and it drove and handle well unlike some of the other Mickey Thompson tire that only perform well off road. This tire was designed for both street and off road use and being user friendly.
I just took delivery of my Rubicon a couple of weeks ago and ordered them and my wheels yesterday. I will post up about them once I get them.
Mount them yet?

Sponsored

bencardenas12

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Any update on how the tires perform on road?

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Had Cooper STT Pro's on my previous rig. They offer reliable grip in the mud and dirt. Their tread design is more aggressive than the Duratracs. They are also quiet on the highway.

Ejpaints

First Name
Elena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR firecracker red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Industrial Engineering Technician
We just ordered 37x12.50x17’s today.

I didn’t want milestar because it’s a softer tire and won’t last as long. It’s my daily driver in Tucson & these hot roads eat tires fast so soft tire is out for me.

We were going to get Cooper MTP but they don’t make it in that size anymore. We’ve ran cooper on our 2500 Cummins for several years and we know the brand holds up well so Cooper was definitely a contender.

It came down to Cooper STT Pro or my old faithful BFG KM3. Price comparison Cooper was the way to go as the KM3 in that price range was only a 6 ply compared to the 8 ply STT pro. However, with military discount the KM3 8 ply dropped to only $10 more so that’s what I went with bc I have used that tire a lot. I wouldn’t have any qualms about Cooper though. It’s a good tire.

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mount them yet?
Got them on and have about 500 miles on them, very smooth and quiet for a mud terrain. Haven't had a chance to test them off road yet. Doing more mods.

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update on how the tires perform on road?
They handle very well and are surprisingly quiet. Exceeding my on road expectations, haven't had any time to test them off road yet.
Sponsored