bigjer25

First Name
BigJer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango Citadel
Hello,
Long time lurker - researching JLU deals. I see many posts about getting a certain % under invoice. Is there a thumb rule to convert to % under MSRP, since MSRP is what is advertised?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Check the sticky threads. Tons of info for researching.

ScoobySnacks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater, 2020 Sahara JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Link below is to the Ordering and Pricing discussions rodi mentioned. Of note are the two threads with mostly current order guides (one for JL and one for JLU) providing invoice pricing. Another thread contains spreadsheets for doing the calculations using the order guides. I had to update the spreadsheet, but it was a great starting point.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/ordering-and-pricing-discussions.7/

BigJer, I’m in Maryland too. As of last December, Criswell (Gaithersburg) was offering 8% off invoice when ordering. Ask for Leon Travis. He’s a good guy — straight with us and made the experience quite easy/pleasant. I didn’t use their financing, so I don’t know what the Finance Department is like. Other dealers in the area were offering 8% under invoice, but I don’t know if they still are. As for taking advantage of the current financing deal, it would probably take better negotiating skills than I possess to get both the 8% under and the 0% / 36 months.

Good luck with the research and purchase!

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Hello,
Long time lurker - researching JLU deals. I see many posts about getting a certain % under invoice. Is there a thumb rule to convert to % under MSRP, since MSRP is what is advertised?
Thanks in advance.
I had a quote in writing 2 weeks ago for 11% off MSRP for a JLU Sport. They added $440 in doc fee and other fees, nothing more. This dealer keeps telling me that employee pricing is in effect through May. I had a better quote from another dealer but their price went back up the first of May. There are other dealers advertising lower prices right now but I haven't gotten a quote in writing from them. I think if a dealer really wants to sell they can meet this kind of price.

Of course beware of dealers that advertise low prices and then add other fees, financing, etc. to get their profit back up. The only price that matters is the final price including fees and other stuff.

Some of the listings I was looking at a month ago are gone now, but there is still enough stock available in the category where I was looking to find a good selection and some competition. I don't think limited stock should be a bargaining factor for dealers because they will be getting new shipments soon.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I actually found a 2019 on the lot and was exciting thinking there would be a good deal on a leftover. They only offer $250 off for 2019, but you don't get the $1,000 NE cash incentive. The 2019 is MORE expensive than the 2020's in this instance. Disappointing.
Sponsored