First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
So, I don't really want a full Bright White hard top to replace the black textured hard top becuase I think its Too much white but, not a big fan of the black framing around the rear windows either. In a Land Roveresque Black roof contrasting style, I photo shopped this pic of my Jeep and got a quote from our local paint and body shop for about $750 to do the frames only. Looking for a bit of feedback before doing the irreversible.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts? IMG_1003.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps try some vinyl wrap first? If you like it......paint it. If not, peel it away.

OP
OP
Fatalis12B

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Perhaps try some vinyl wrap first? If you like it......paint it. If not, peel it away.
I checked about wrap...problem is, it doesnt stick well enough to textured surfaces

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I checked about wrap...problem is, it doesnt stick well enough to textured surfaces
Still might be an inexpensive alternative for testing the waters though....

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I actually like the look. I've had a White JK with the black hard top. I prefer the contrast over the matching body color top and fender flare look. But I really like this image you created.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
So, I don't really want a full Bright White hard top to replace the black textured hard top becuase I think its "Too" much white but, not a big fan of the black framing around the rear windows either. In a Land Roveresque Black roof contrasting style, I photo shopped this pic of my Jeep and got a quote from our local paint and body shop for about $750 to do the frames only. Looking for a bit of feedback before doing the irreversible.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts? IMG_1003.JPG
Not bad! Very interesting…

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
I think the textured rear quarter window frame painted white will look bad. I ordered the SOT which is body color with a black center on top. I like the way that looks and functions. I vote no unless you buy painted so it is all smooth and wrap or paint the top. Or maybe your paint shop is going to make it smooth and glossy to much the body paint. Then if that's your look, send it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatalis12B

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I think the textured rear quarter window frame painted white will look bad. I ordered the SOT which is body color with a black center on top. I like the way that looks and functions. I vote no unless you buy painted so it is all smooth and wrap or paint the top. Or maybe your paint shop is going to make it smooth and glossy to much the body paint. Then if that's your look, send it!
Yeah...when I talked to the shop, gonna remove the top and sand it smooth before painting

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
The first pick looks good! I might do that to my wrangler....if it ever get's here!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I go all white. There's one in town (still all stock) and every time I see it, it catches my eye. Looks sleek and bold. Add some mods and it will look bada**! I'd worry how the textured white holds up to the white body.... and if the colors don't match perfectly bc of the material it's painted on. I would wonder is the (even sanded) texture will create micro shade and make the white appear more gray.
Sponsored