OP
Turbo50

Turbo50

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU (SOLD), 2016 Mustang GT, 1993 Mustang, and a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like your dealer pulled a bait and switch. That does suck.

Is that the process you are talking about? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a Jeep thing or just a bad dealer thing.

I think your first instinct is correct. If the dealer can't deliver walk away. There are hundreds of JLUs on the ground within a day's drive of Illinois.
Definitely a dealer thing. I only sold mine because the dealer said they had what I wanted available.

That is exactly what they did. They thought I would be ok with the tan interior.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbo50

Turbo50

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU (SOLD), 2016 Mustang GT, 1993 Mustang, and a 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you sell your primary vehicle without having one already available to replace it? Gonna be hard to locate something specific especially when dealers can sell them if they have them, not many dealers will give up a Rubicon right now when they can sell em...
I did have one to replace. When I went to pick it up it wasn’t what I asked for. I’ve since told them any color but red with black leather interior.

We’ll see. I’m looking on my own now. I’ll fight with then to get my deposit back.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I did have one to replace. When I went to pick it up it wasn’t what I asked for. I’ve since told them any color but red with black leather interior.

We’ll see. I’m looking on my own now. I’ll fight with then to get my deposit back.
Why would you need to fight to get your deposit back?

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Back on February 1, I sold my 2016 wrangler. I called a salesman at a dealer locally and let him know I had sold my wrangler and want to purchase a black on black JL Rubicon. On Saturday 2/3 I go to the dealer to finalize the deal and they located me a vehicle. The salesman called me on 2/7 and told me my vehicle would be in late in the day. I went in at 8 to sign the paperwork and wait for my Jeep to arrive. Finally, at 11 PM I went home as I had a flight leaving at 7 am the next morning. When I get back from my trip on 2/13 I head to the dealer and find out that the vehicle they got has tan interior. Needless to say, I have not taken delivery of that vehicle and they have been trying to locate another Jeep for me since. We have just lost our 3rd option as it was sold just before it arrived. At this point, I am ready to ask for a refund of my deposit and go locate one somewhere in the US. Get on a plane and drive it back.
You can not purchase a New FCA vehicle in the USA and take it over the border. 1, you would have zero warranty, 2 it’s against some trade restriction. I wouldn’t sell it to you to do so.

Sponsored