third brake light wire, smittybuilt HD pivot, solid wheel

Rockin Randell

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Just installed the Smitty Built HD Pivot tire carrier/relocation, hinge reinforcement with brake light re-locator. 3rd brake light now goes in front of tire and wiring harness plugs in just below brake light lens.
Also just got 17x9 Mammoth General wheels that are a solid wheel with no cutouts. (only lugs and center cap).

Now i'm at a loss on how to fish the third break light wire through any lug holes. There doesn't seem to be enough room without crushing the wire between the carrier and the wheel,, and i dont think the connector is small enough to fit through a lug hole.

seems like i can:
1) Attempt to find an 3 foot extended plug and play wiring harness and wrap around the tire and plug it in.
2) Cut the wiring harness and extend it with spare wire by 3 feet and wrap it around the tire.
2) Cut the wiring harness and put some sort of quick disconnect connector type that will fit through a log hole, and risk crushing it behind the spare wheel.

Anyone had a problem with solid wheels and third break lights? Whatcha got for solutions/pics/links?

Jeep Wrangler JL third brake light wire, smittybuilt HD pivot, solid wheel new wheel
Sponsored