Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
@NO51 great look!
Love the plasti dipped Jeep and Trail Rated badges, thinking of doing the same - would it be possible for you post a close up of these? Thanks!
How do you remove the badges?
I love the self dipping plan, any recommendations on what type of place for a newbie?... thanks!
Sponsored

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
The company I work for JL Audio is creating speaker upgrade kits to swap out the stock speakers. I heard one version of the kits, stock speakers, amp, and sub and wow what a difference in clarity. I have a JLU and can't wait to get my system upgraded. Good luck with your mods I have heard finding a good replacement speaker for the kicker is hard you might need to modify the enclosures....
The company I work for JL Audio is creating speaker upgrade kits to swap out the stock speakers. I heard one version of the kits, stock speakers, amp, and sub and wow what a difference in clarity. I have a JLU and can't wait to get my system upgraded. Good luck with your mods I have heard finding a good replacement speaker for the kicker is hard you might need to modify the enclosures....
Any updates on your upgraded system?
What’re your thoughts on the hotheads headliner and sound assassin mods?
Thanks!

Cure4Jen

First Name
Jen & Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
2018 Sport S JLU, I've only added interior lighting and painted wheels/grill so far but I'm looking to
1. Upgrade the audio system
2. 2.5-3 inch lift
3. Get some rock rails
4. Tuffy cargo enclosure
5. Sunrider Soft top

If anyone has recommendations for audio and lift kits I'd appreciate the input!

281929EE-DC58-4658-B5DA-029B4A3DD7BA.jpeg

1960A7F6-5268-4BE6-8EB8-4AC343CAC5BF.jpeg
What did you use to paint the wheels black?
Where you able to do it yourself? What kind of place did you have it done? How much if you don’t mind? I’ve been looking to do this and yours look great!
Thank you!

Last edited:

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Did you find the wheels and tires on the forum?
The local cops get their wheels painted so they are not reflective- considering that option down the road. Also don’t like the highway tires that came stock with the sport s. Anyone paint their wheels?
I haven’t painted wheels but I Plasti-dipped my stock Sahara wheels to see how it looked black. Liked it so much I bought Moab take offs and sold the Sahara stocks! Plasti-dipping is very easy and can be removed later as well.

CE1263D5-5ABD-4882-B045-8B0FFBE24ED6.jpeg

ADFAB149-BECD-4B8B-BED3-A4DB5A6F5736.jpeg

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I love the self dipping plan, any recommendations on what type of place for a newbie?... thanks!
Debadging is a must for me, the first mod I did was to remove the Wrangler and Sahara logos, then I Plasti-dipped my Jeep emblem!

666DEBB3-4BB2-42FC-AD81-D82BB684D927.jpeg

06BC67F7-16AC-499B-8E01-6DF1412F33A9.jpeg

View attachment 233408

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Berg Bua

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punkn Willys
I love the Rubicon, but the truth is that 4:1 t-case ratio would be horrible unless you were crawling rocks out in the mountains and I don't need it. And the BLD system does everything I need so lockers aren't really required either. So, I decided to save the $7,000 and get the Sport with S package and make it my own.

I now have a total of $2,000 spent on mods and I'm taller than a stock Rubicon, with a better stance, I can tow my utility trailer, I have all the amenities I wanted, and I can still get 19 MPGs combined which is a little better than Rubicon owners are reporting.

20180616_093626.jpg

So as a total newb (not YET a Wrangler driver), is it overkill for me to buy a Rubi vs the Willys or Sport S? Live in Oregon and want to drive the many BLM and US Forest service areas. Expect a combo of in-town, snowy ski trips and overland.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
So as a total newb (not YET a Wrangler driver), is it overkill for me to buy a Rubi vs the Willys or Sport S? Live in Oregon and want to drive the many BLM and US Forest service areas. Expect a combo of in-town, snowy ski trips and overland.
A stock Sport will scare the shit out of you with it's capabilities. Remember all Jeeps are trail rated right out of Toledo.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Heat them up with a hairdryer. You can use dental floss or fishing line to help pry them up. Just heat the badges/stickers and shimmy the floss or line between the badge and Jeep till it pops off. :like:

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Line choice, BLD system and a good set of tires will get you a lot of places:like:

Berg Bua

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punkn Willys
Line choice, BLD system and a good set of tires will get you a lot of places:like:

Thanks for the tips! I was looking at the Sport vs. the Willys options last night. Strangely, leather seats don't seem to be available on the Willys. ...and I can easily option the Sport S right up to $41K.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Thanks for the tips! I was looking at the Sport vs. the Willys options last night. Strangely, leather seats don't seem to be available on the Willys. ...and I can easily option the Sport S right up to $41K.
Yah the Willys is suppose to be more of a bare bones kind of Jeep, lightly optioned sport with Rubi looks
Sponsored