The Dummies Guide to JL Ordering Status

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
I've checked every reference I've been able to search up so far, with no luck. Are you currently able to look up your build status online yourself, or does that info now only come from the dealer?

I have already used the build sheet and status tool that is on this forum, but it leads me to a build sheet that includes a line, "Status D1 To D1 Forward," but my dealer told me a few days ago that it was already past this and in paint status. If I could look it up myself and not bug him that would be great.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I've checked every reference I've been able to search up so far, with no luck. Are you currently able to look up your build status online yourself, or does that info now only come from the dealer?

I have already used the build sheet and status tool that is on this forum, but it leads me to a build sheet that includes a line, "Status D1 To D1 Forward," but my dealer told me a few days ago that it was already past this and in paint status. If I could look it up myself and not bug him that would be great.
Use the live chat function on jeep.com. That's what I used. I contact them usually once a week on Mondays. Found out last Monday my uncle's Gladiator (I'm helping with the ordering and build process) was in paint status, and today now in the "dreaded" JB status.

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Question. I ordered a JL a week ago and the dealer said they didn’t have any info to give me like an order number or anything. They seemed clueless.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Question. I ordered a JL a week ago and the dealer said they didn’t have any info to give me like an order number or anything. They seemed clueless.
Hi Artvandelay,
Your dealer should have given you a VON after your order was placed. The VON can take some time to turn into a VIN depending on your particular build. Unfortunately, our team does not have the ability to look up your order and provide you with a VON, however, we do recommend reaching out to your dealer to receive your VON, or VIN if one has been assigned, so you can track your order as it moves throughout the build process!
Alex
Jeep Cares

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Dealer is telling me I’m in KZ P status. Can’t find that code

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I got a VIN number and contacted Jeep today. They said my order was case closed and I don't have a clue what that means. Very frustrating process to me. I dont see how anyone is tracking this stuff.

Sponsored

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited -Willy's
It’s pretty easy. Go to Jeep.com and click on Live Chat. Pester the poor minimum wage worker on the other end for your status. Berate them when they don’t tell you what you want to hear, then post a rant here outlining exactly how much you hate FCA and how you feel slighted because they aren’t giving you up to the minute supply line and plant status. Paste that rant as a reply to several other, not necessarily related, threads. Repeat this every day until your Jeep comes.

:cwl:

Just kidding. Don’t do any of that. We have enough people doing that, already. :bandit:

BA: New order that hasn't been checked
BB: Review by fleet department
BD: Special equipment processing
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Noooo!
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer
ZA: Canceled

So......BX status means your order is good to go? Placed my order January 12....got an update from the dealer at the beginning of February that it is in BX Status.....and there it sits.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
It’s pretty easy. Go to Jeep.com and click on Live Chat. Pester the poor minimum wage worker on the other end for your status. Berate them when they don’t tell you what you want to hear, then post a rant here outlining exactly how much you hate FCA and how you feel slighted because they aren’t giving you up to the minute supply line and plant status. Paste that rant as a reply to several other, not necessarily related, threads. Repeat this every day until your Jeep comes.

Whew!
Glad to see I've being going it correctly and I haven't had any formal training. 🤣🤣
Sponsored