Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running the Teraflex long arm kit? Pros/Cons?
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex IR long arm kit Screenshot_20210404-133721_Samsung Internet
What are you looking for? Bolt on? If not rock jock, or rock krawler make a better kit not to mention way better joints. Im not a fan of terafkex clamp or thier bushings. Ive seen a few of the teraflex long arms in person and im just not a fan of the quality

OP
OP
Bluegrassjlu

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What are you looking for? Bolt on? If not rock jock, or rock krawler make a better kit not to mention way better joints. Im not a fan of terafkex clamp or thier bushings. Ive seen a few of the teraflex long arms in person and im just not a fan of the quality
I do like the aspect of the kit being bolt on. The Rock Krawler kit is nice, but it's more labor intensive than I want to get into. I haven't looked at the rock jock kit.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the aspect of the kit being bolt on. The Rock Krawler kit is nice, but it's more labor intensive than I want to get into. I haven't looked at the rock jock kit.
Understand the wanting to be bolt on. Thats what i figured. I was originally going to do teraflex for that reason too, till i saw them in person and i was very dissapointed. The rock jock doesnt really have anything out yet to see but you can order the kit. Probably around same intensiveness for install. Its no a bad kit dont get me wrong, im just picky, its a decent long arm kit. But for the money theres better, just more labor

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluegrassjlu

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understand the wanting to be bolt on. Thats what i figured. I was originally going to do teraflex for that reason too, till i saw them in person and i was very dissapointed. The rock jock doesnt really have anything out yet to see but you can order the kit. Probably around same intensiveness for install. Its no a bad kit dont get me wrong, im just picky, its a decent long arm kit. But for the money theres better, just more labor
So the rock jock will be bolt on as well? I wonder when the release date for them will be. I like Johnnie Joints a lot. Jks is supposed to be releasing one too but they take forever to get new stuff out.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Anyone running the Teraflex long arm kit? Pros/Cons?
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex IR long arm kit Screenshot_20210404-133721_Samsung Internet
I have their RT3 kit on my 2 door. I’m also very picky, which is why I went this route. I’m very happy with it. I also installed it myself as I do everything I buy. It’s labor intensive, but very much worth it.

OP
OP
Bluegrassjlu

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have their RT3 kit on my 2 door. I’m also very picky, which is why I went this route. I’m very happy with it. I also installed it myself as I do everything I buy. It’s labor intensive, but very much worth it.
How long have you had it installed? Did you use a plasma cutter, or cut off wheel? I like the bolt on aspect. I'm not a fan of welding to these thin walled frames.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So the rock jock will be bolt on as well? I wonder when the release date for them will be. I like Johnnie Joints a lot. Jks is supposed to be releasing one too but they take forever to get new stuff out.
Rock jock is weld on as well. Teraflex is the only bolt on im aware of, which is the best benefit of that kit.

Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
How long have you had it installed? Did you use a plasma cutter, or cut off wheel? I like the bolt on aspect. I'm not a fan of welding to these thin walled frames.
It’s been on for 11k miles now. I used a plasma cutter, die grinder, angle grinder, and dremel.

OP
OP
Bluegrassjlu

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm
Rock jock is weld on as well. Teraflex is the only bolt on im aware of, which is the best benefit of that kit.
I'm surprised there isn't more offerings. That way with a few things on the jl. I wish someone made front shock towers for the jl. I could build my coilover kit a lot less expensively that way.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm

I'm surprised there isn't more offerings. That way with a few things on the jl. I wish someone made front shock towers for the jl. I could build my coilover kit a lot less expensively that way.
yeah thats true, you could call rock krawler if they would sell thiers. Accutune has some, weld on though. Or youd have to be universal

OP
OP
Bluegrassjlu

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah thats true, you could call rock krawler if they would sell thiers. Accutune has some, weld on though. Or youd have to be universal
I'm really looking at universal as I can save $1000 over a kit, and get the coilovers from accutune. I've heard 50/50 that rear coilovers are too much hassle.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really looking at universal as I can save $1000 over a kit, and get the coilovers from accutune. I've heard 50/50 that rear coilovers are too much hassle.
Eh, if you want to set the coilovers up for carrying a lot of weight and then no weight pretty frequently they are hard to set up. You can do it with quite a bit stiffer spring rates but the ride will suffer a bit. You could set the crossover ring to hold it but defeats the dual rate. If it changes alot stick to standard, to be honest. When i tow my can am im riding on bumps. It squts me 5 inches
Sponsored