First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i occasionally trigger the lights from the fob. makes it fun when your looking for your jeep in the lot. never had the patience or ambition to program a custom show.
show a video...it may inspire me to get off my duff and do it too.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I love the light show, but rarely use it. What I'd like to do is custom program one that meets Indiana law and is much more attention getting than just hazards. I'll find how it is written and then set it up, but I believe that it can only be amber/red lights flashing, and simultaneously on the sides. So it would be brake lights/turn signals on/ side markers off, then side markers on, brake lights/turn signals off, in rapid succession. The white lights still might be permissible. I have to read up on it. Then, I'd like to set it up in-motion so they can be on when the engine is running. (I'd use standard hazards when moveing, unless coming to a sudden stop on the interstate where I'd want more bling, for lack of a better term, to wake up semi drivers behind me.)

I'd still like to see Zauto program the third brake light to flash 3 or 4 times before staying illuminated solidly every time you press the brake. Lots of rear-end collisions on my daily commute from people paying attention to their phones. I think that feature would give them a better chance of an alert through periferal vision.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Guess I’m the only one using this feature.
Any "easy" way you've found to create a custom show? I want to do one to the Michigan Fight Song, "The Victors", but seems like it takes a while... any suggestions?

Blu_Rubicon87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Millwright
Tha
I love the light show, but rarely use it. What I'd like to do is custom program one that meets Indiana law and is much more attention getting than just hazards. I'll find how it is written and then set it up, but I believe that it can only be amber/red lights flashing, and simultaneously on the sides. So it would be brake lights/turn signals on/ side markers off, then side markers on, brake lights/turn signals off, in rapid succession. The white lights still might be permissible. I have to read up on it. Then, I'd like to set it up in-motion so they can be on when the engine is running. (I'd use standard hazards when moveing, unless coming to a sudden stop on the interstate where I'd want more bling, for lack of a better term, to wake up semi drivers behind me.)

I'd still like to see Zauto program the third brake light to flash 3 or 4 times before staying illuminated solidly every time you press the brake. Lots of rear-end collisions on my daily commute from people paying attention to their phones. I think that feature would give them a better chance of an alert through periferal vision.
That's awesome seeing your suggestion about the 3rd brake light then seeing it on the available on the tazer now. Has been for a while but that was a great safety feature for sure. It sure is a attention grabber for some of these people that don't pay attention!
Sponsored