First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
So my Jeep needs emissions. Do I need to remove my tazer for this or are they on different systems? I really don't want to twist around underneath the dash unless I have to.

Any guesses?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
So my Jeep needs emissions. Do I need to remove my tazer for this or are they on different systems? I really don't want to twist around underneath the dash unless I have to.

Any guesses?
@Medsker

In New York State, where my JL is registered, 2 times I have had the Inspection Center's computer hooked up to my JL (to the OBDII port) that had a Tazer JL installed /married on it.

The inspection went ok, Inspector hooked up his computer to my JL's OBDII port and did wnat he needed do...

As far as your smog inspection, I'm guessing, you too will have no issues if you leave the Tazer JL installed/married.. The Tazer JL... setting changes done by that should not impact smog inspection..

Lets us know how you make out.

For those with a SmartStopStart unit... also had the JL inspected while a SSS was hooked up and again, no problem that time either..

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon

Any guesses?
You should be just fine.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
Medsker

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a go. I have one of the extensions cables but I haven't put it in yet. I'm hoping my daughter will come over sometime and put it in for me :LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Medsker

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just a FYI, I got the emissions done today and it went right through with no problems.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
My Jeep today did not allow the smog test. Says not ready in computer system. Jeep has not been doing the system self checks. Any ideas?

Thinking about removing the tazer and trying again
Sponsored