Tan soft top availability?

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
anyone have updates on when FCA will actually be making tan tops? As some of you know FCA excepted my tan soft top order and of course delivered my rubicon with the black one. My wife absolutely hates the black top so we never installed it and the last time we checked it was late June they would be available, yet dealers in my area have no clue! I would hate to unpack and install this black top only to find out tan starts shipping.
Sponsored

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
anyone have updates on when FCA will actually be making tan tops? As some of you know FCA excepted my tan soft top order and of course delivered my rubicon with the black one. My wife absolutely hates the black top so we never installed it and the last time we checked it was late June they would be available, yet dealers in my area have no clue! I would hate to unpack and install this black top only to find out tan starts shipping.
I ordered the Tan Premium Soft Top on my Punkn' 2 door Rubicon on April 11th and am still waiting for it's status to be changed from 'C'. Maybe this is why? Are you sure that the Tan Premium Soft Top isn't being installed yet? How do you know? I can tell you one thing, if my Jeep comes in with the Black Soft Top, that will be a deal breaker and I will walk. No way would I accept that.

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ā€˜90 YJ, '22 4Runner
As far as parts sales, not related to new orders, I was told the tan top is in the parts system with an August availability date, but I was then told that is unlikely to remain the case for long. September is probably the soonest they would be available but all of this is just best guess at this point. Iā€™m on pins and needles waiting for when I can buy a tan top from either a dealer of online for my JLUR. Iā€™m not holding my breath for Bestop having anything anytime soon either.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
As far as parts sales, not related to new orders, I was told the tan top is in the parts system with an August availability date, but I was then told that is unlikely to remain the case for long. September is probably the soonest they would be available but all of this is just best guess at this point. Iā€™m on pins and needles waiting for when I can buy a tan top from either a dealer of online for my JLUR. Iā€™m not holding my breath for Bestop having anything anytime soon either.
zPat's 2018 Jeep Rubicon - Copy (2).jpg

PK's Jeep 2.JPG

Sponsored

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
Here is the 2018 Rubicon build that I ordered April 11th. You can see why I wanted the Tan Premium Top.
The other Rubicon is my current 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon with the red leather seats and body colored fenders and top. I just turned 17,000 miles on it and it is pristine. I'm more and more considering just keeping this Rubicon because I'm getting really tired of waiting for the 2018. I have been thinking, if I kept my 10A, I would have the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger professionally installed and get a hoist system for the hard top (my 10A has the dual tops and the soft top has never even been used). Plus my 10A is paid for. The 2018 is 53k and the dealer will give me 27.5k trade in on my 10A, meaning I have to cover over 25k in new debt. What would you do?

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
Has anyone tried to order a premium tan soft top recently on a 2 door? I tried to order a 2019 2 door JLR with a tan soft top last week and my dealer said the order was rejected. Just wondering if my dealer may have got something wrong or Jeep was not taking orders for tan soft tops. I also saw that tan cloth seats are no longer an option. Does anyone know if they will be available, or are they no longer an option?

Thanks, Jeff

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
There are two JLs in my town running around with the tan factory soft tops, so they've been available for a while now.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, finally called another dealer. They said they talked to Rep. and the Tan Soft Top will not be available until 2nd quarter this year. Thought I would let you guys know. Thanks for your help.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
They must have run out of stock, since several are already out on the streets and even on this forum.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is 100% subjective, but the tan soft tops I see around town look terrible. In those Jeeps, the fender flares still have dark grey trim, the seats are still dark grey, the bumpers are dark grey, there's a ton of dark grey everywhere.........and then that tan top. It sticks out like a sore thumb. Doesn't mesh together at all.

I think if a guy could get Bikini or Ocean or White and package it with body color bumpers and fenders, and tan seats, then the tan top might work. But it's a very specific combination that makes that top look good.

I'd suggest looking at a JL in person with the tan top before ordering. See what you think about it up close.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WXman, Thanks.

I agree, the tan top is a little difficult to make work with the color schemes. We use our jeep a little different than most. Our current TJ went 3 yrs with never putting either the soft top up or the hard top on (both tan), so the soft top will spend much of it's life down. Which has me a little concerned, because it doesn't look like it folds down as compact as the older ones do. One of our reasons for the tan color is that we travel a lot of back roads and the tan matches the dust color better than the black. I don't see tan cloth sets as an option, just tan leather. It's okay though, because we will put tan seat covers on any way. I wish I could see one in person, but there aren't any around me that I'm aware of. At least Jeep has a pretty good configurator to get an idea of how it looks.

Here's what we are looking at ordering. (selected tan leather just to get an idea of how tan seats look)

White Tan Top.jpg

White Tan Top Down.jpg

White Tan Top Down No Doors.jpg

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
WXman, Thanks.

I agree, the tan top is a little difficult to make work with the color schemes. We use our jeep a little different than most. Our current TJ went 3 yrs with never putting either the soft top up or the hard top on (both tan), so the soft top will spend much of it's life down. Which has me a little concerned, because it doesn't look like it folds down as compact as the older ones do. One of our reasons for the tan color is that we travel a lot of back roads and the tan matches the dust color better than the black. I don't see tan cloth sets as an option, just tan leather. It's okay though, because we will put tan seat covers on any way. I wish I could see one in person, but there aren't any around me that I'm aware of. At least Jeep has a pretty good configurator to get an idea of how it looks.

Here's what we are looking at ordering. (selected tan leather just to get an idea of how tan seats look)

White Tan Top.jpg

White Tan Top Down.jpg

White Tan Top Down No Doors.jpg
Not bad at all! I'm generally not a fan of tan anything, especially tops. But that looks very nice :like:

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the part number and best place to purchase a tan premium top for 2 door JLR..

In 2018 when I ordered my 2 door JLR I could not get delivery with the tan top was backordered, so just got hard top.... So now I'm looking for a tan soft top like the premium black one....

Oto JLR

First Name
Oto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door
Does anyone know the part number and best place to purchase a tan premium top for 2 door JLR..

In 2018 when I ordered my 2 door JLR I could not get delivery with the tan top was backordered, so just got hard top.... So now I'm looking for a tan soft top like the premium black one....
Hello Jack, any success with finding order number for JL 2door tan soft top please? I have bought my JL 2d with hard top and used foil to imitate it as tan... Looking for tan soft top for a while now. For JLU 4d it is possible to order but JL 2d is it hard. Mopar agent the other day replied to me that it is possible to order but no ETD was provided by manufacturer nor PN#...

aaa99994.jpg

kos3.jpg
Sponsored