avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 JLUR with stock for the model wheels and tires. I have been parking it in my driveway which is a little bit of an incline. I've had it since May of 2018, and I am noticing now some slightly difficulty opening the tailgate.

Do people think the pull from being on an incline could cause a weight related pull on the latch system and thrown it off a little? If so, any suggestion on fixing it?
Sponsored

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I have a 2018 JLUR with stock for the model wheels and tires. I have been parking it in my driveway which is a little bit of an incline. I've had it since May of 2018, and I am noticing now some slightly difficulty opening the tailgate.

Do people think the pull from being on an incline could cause a weight related pull on the latch system and thrown it off a little? If so, any suggestion on fixing it?
Had something similar and found it to be some packing tape inside the door latch...that way from the factory. Maybe you’ll be that lucky.

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
Noticed this on ours and put some wd40 on the latch area. Works normally again.

OceanBlues

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
You have any luck with this? Mine was getting hit or miss with opening, now it won't latch closed at all so my tailgate is just flipping around.
Sponsored