First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
I'm confused. On one hand, I get the need, keeps the sun from beating down on you and your wife (who likely will complain more than you)....but on the other hand, you take the top off to get that open sky, the air....so I kind of get it but I kind of dont...

Help me out.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Help me out.
Most (if not all) shades are mesh, so you basically get the same open airy feel using one. I use a sun shade to keep from getting too much sun.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Stops the interior from fading much quicker as well. Main reason for me is to stop the direct sun when the top is down. Wait until you have a 90 degree day and that sun is beating on you. You’ll understand why people get the shades.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Stops the interior from fading much quicker as well. Main reason for me is to stop the direct sun when the top is down. Wait until you have a 90 degree day and that sun is beating on you. You’ll understand why people get the shades.
been there. now with the alien shade, you have to fold up the windshield a bit, when you re-attach the windshield bolts, isn't there a gap so it's not sealed, and water can come in?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
been there. now with the alien shade, you have to fold up the windshield a bit, when you re-attach the windshield bolts, isn't there a gap so it's not sealed, and water can come in?
I run the shade idea and I was able to install mine without having to unbolt the windshield. Not sure about the alien shade. Windshield or frame has a seal on it so no water will get in.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

isn't there a gap so it's not sealed, and water can come in?
No. There's no issue with water. There's actually already a gap between the windshield and the roll cage/frame in that area. That's how allot of other shades install with a bungee that wraps around the header of the frame. With the Alien Shade, they say to drop the windshield a bit because it uses clips to attach the front cords.

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
The sunshade will keep the interior of your vehicle significantly cooler. You still get the sun but not direct sunlight which will make the interior significantly hotter. This was the first mod that I did. It is still my wife's favorite.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Most (if not all) shades are mesh, so you basically get the same open airy feel using one. I use a sun shade to keep from getting too much sun.
Agree 100%
Sponsored