Stubby antenna

RedRubiBX

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
There are several comment on these spread through numerous threads so I thought I’d start a new one with my observation. Most of the comments state they have no loss of reception. I struggled with what size to get(if any) as I live in a rural area. I’m ~45 miles from the station I’m using for this observation. I bought a 16” off Amazon and put it on yesterday, at my house the reception is still fine, I frequently travel to a bigger town which is ~20 miles FURTHER from the station. As I approached that limit I started losing reception (volume up and down). I live in a relatively flat area with few trees FWIW. So, I’m sure if you live in a metropolitan area you would have no issue with reception with that length. That’s about the limit I travel with any expectations of getting local stations and switching to satellite or purchased music. I would like to go shorter but I wanted to be able to hear that particular station at least while I was local. YMMV
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I lost a lot of reception, close to buildings like grocery store or pulling into a fuel pump area etc. Plus when I go out of town about 10 miles away it is pretty bad. 13 inch.

On the roads around home and highway into town no problem.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Which brand did you choose on Amazon?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RedRubiBX

RedRubiBX

First Name
KD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I lost a lot of reception, close to buildings like grocery store or pulling into a fuel pump area etc. Plus when I go out of town about 10 miles away it is pretty bad. 13 inch.

On the roads around home and highway into town no problem.
I’m not an engineer, but common sense tells me that distance from tower, obstructions( buildings, trees, hills etc) will affect your reception. That’s why I posted some (very limited)practical observations with MY parameters.