Sponsored

StripperCon buildish thread

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Might as well start a build thread as I'm getting closer to ordering parts!

Sold my Taco and ordered this:
Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread IMG_4436

2021 2.0T Hydro Blue Rubi, tow package, cold weather, keyless entry (mandatory apparently 🙄), premium softtop.

First mod:
Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread PXL_20210606_190153618

So far in addition to the fob I've ordered hood struts and the tray that goes under the grab handle.

Plans for this are to avoid getting crazy, keep it light and fun and reliable! Right now I'm thinking aluminum bumpers (possibly GenRight), rock sliders, winch (Warn VR Evo 10k with rope) and probably 35's in the fall and stock height.

Next year full aluminum skids with uhmw plate from Next Venture. Eventually I'll be looking at beadlocks, 37's, RCVs, small lift with full uptravel and maybe a set of 40's for snow wheeling.

Open to suggestions for bumpers and sliders, there's too many damn choices with Jeeps!

Here she was at work today.
Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread PXL_20210621_193757337
Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
That looks so great !

For my second Jeep, light weight is also a goal. If you’re going aluminum bumpers, GenRight really has some great looking gear and have been doing aluminum for a long time, and their rigs get run hard. I’ve heard that one should stick with steel for sliders. LOD has a great reputation with their sliders, I have been happy with my LOD Signature sliders.

my next Jeep, I’ll keep the stock front bumper and run winch / lights. And rear bumper will be AEV with tire carrier.

congrats on yourJeep!

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
"Plans for this are to avoid getting crazy, keep it light and fun and reliable! Right now I'm thinking aluminum bumpers (possibly GenRight), rock sliders, winch (Warn VR Evo 10k with rope) and probably 35's in the fall and stock height."

"Next year full aluminum skids with uhmw plate from Next Venture. Eventually I'll be looking at beadlocks, 37's, RCVs, small lift with full uptravel and maybe a set of 40's for snow wheeling."

One of these is not like the other, LOL. Nice rig and congrats.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RusM

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
"Plans for this are to avoid getting crazy, keep it light and fun and reliable! Right now I'm thinking aluminum bumpers (possibly GenRight), rock sliders, winch (Warn VR Evo 10k with rope) and probably 35's in the fall and stock height."

"Next year full aluminum skids with uhmw plate from Next Venture. Eventually I'll be looking at beadlocks, 37's, RCVs, small lift with full uptravel and maybe a set of 40's for snow wheeling."

One of these are not like the other, LOL. Nice rig and congrats.
37's and RCVs doesn't put it on a trailer...so mild to me!:like:

OP
OP
RusM

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
@RusM

You will wish she had purchased a DI Labs fob versus the AJT Designs fob. I used to have an AJT Designs fob.

The DI Labs fob offerings are .... well, way nicer and smaller then the AJT. The Model S, DI Labs fob even uses the factory/stock fob button pad...

Nice looking Rubi you have there!
Well I do have two keys! I also have to admit it'll probably be worth $45 for a new fob that's easier to out together when the battery needs replacement!

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

One of these is not like the other, LOL. Nice rig and congrats.
I'm glad I saw your post. I really like the GenRight stuff - Rear bumper, tire carrier, and sliders.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
StripperCon? I pictured a convention focused on the fine and noble profession of stripping. Disappointed. 0/10 will not follow thread.

Joking- have fun with the build and welcome!

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
StripperCon? I pictured a convention focused on the fine and noble profession of stripping. Disappointed. 0/10 will not follow thread.

Joking- have fun with the build and welcome!
You aren't alone. Although I was hoping the owner financed by dancing, and looked a little, well...a lot different that the real OP.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
RusM

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Behold!
Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread PXL_20210624_034442639

Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread PXL_20210624_034459588

Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread PXL_20210624_034913888

My bike rack will now close and is locked to the Yeep. Still need to drill a hole in the hitch for the locking anti rattle hitch pin though. I really wanted to return this stuff and get a swing arm but my phone bricked itself today, so new phone instead of swing arm.

Also, swapped cages between bikes and got one with more adjustability for the gravel rocket....

Jeep Wrangler JL StripperCon buildish thread PXL_20210624_041430890

OP
OP
RusM

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Well looks like this is going to be an almost all Next Venture build! Ordered an Adventure series front and Rimrocker rear bumpers in steel. Had several emails with them and determined the steel bumpers are about 40-50# heavier and way cheaper! So I went with those over aluminum and plan to gets 35's also!

Bought a set JCR classic rock sliders from Quadratec as well.

Next step is checking the fine print on the Amazon card they keep offering that comes with $150 to use on Amazon and order the Warn Evo 10S winch.

Now hurry up and wait!
Sponsored