Stock Jeep Support Group

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Do beadlocks and skid plates count as stock? I need the extra assurance, then I’ll drag that thing all over the place on my 33’s until I get bored and pay for a regear in preparation of lift/37’s.
I get hung up on my belly occasionally and usually back out rather than drag myself through. Not willing to come down on something that punches up my oil pan.
Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I promised myself I would leave it generally stock (e.g. no lift tires or bumpers) until I wore out the stock KO2 tires.
I'm a little over a year in, 14000 miles, and I'm chomping at the bit now.

2"-3" lift, with 35's and some nice wheels, steel bumpers, winch, better rock rails, some more exterior lighting.... UGH!
Won't these damn KO2's wear out faster?!

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I promised myself I would leave it generally stock (e.g. no lift tires or bumpers) until I wore out the stock KO2 tires.
I'm a little over a year in, 14000 miles, and I'm chomping at the bit now.

2"-3" lift, with 35's and some nice wheels, steel bumpers, winch, better rock rails, some more exterior lighting.... UGH!
Won't these damn KO2's wear out faster?!

I got rid of my KO2s and went 35" Patagonia MTs right at 14k miles on the stock JLR. Mine were pretty much shot, I had wheeled them so much they didn't have too much left in em.

But once the floodgates opened it's hard to stop. I bent my front D44 and am looking at the options, $2800 for a factory replacement axle, $4500 for an Ultimate D44. Why not get the ultimate? It's not that much more!

Gotta say though, not to be a bad influence but at this point you got your first year in. May as well go for it if you want to. We live in too awesome of an area for wheeling to hold back. If you're gonna use it, it's worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group IMG_3943t.JPEG

DrBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
This is my first Jeep and I have no interest in rock crawling so I went with the Rubicon so I wouldn't "need" to lift it.

Took it to an Adventure Park and stayed on the Level 1 & 2 trails — got addicted.

Went back to the Adventure Park to hit the Level 3 trails and started gingerly checking out some Level 4s.

Told myself it's more important to focus on safety and recovery first. Added the steel front bumper and a winch. Added additional recovery point to the rear. Wheelin' by myself so I need high-quality recovery stuffs — gave Factor 55 a lot of my money...

Wife bought me some amber ditch lights for Christmas. So, naturally, I HAD to get amber fog lights to match...

Signed up for a local Jeep Academy day. Gotta have my own portable air compressor and GMRS handhelds for that!

My "gonna keep it stock" Jeep is now "Stock + $5,000" But I haven't lifted it yet!

The current discussion in my head is, "Gotta put at least 30k miles on those factory 33s. Then 'maybe' I'll just add 35s and not lift it..."

Is it possible to lose an argument with yourself?!
If it helps sway your argument with yourself, I waited until I had 28,000 miles on the factory tires. Therefore, it must be ok to pull the trigger at that point. Oh, and the lift kit- yep.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Almost fell off the wagon today. Fortunately, the diesel lifts are out of stock everywhere. Maybe if I buy a soft top it will keep me busy for a day or two...
Yea there are plenty of other things besides a lift you can do! I’m sure the ideas will start rolling in, and the nice part about it is they are just for you. It’s like everything is custom...🤣

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Hmmm...I may be a bad influence. Mine will ge two years old soon, and the only mod is a duck on the antenna. Still looks just like this. Havent even washed it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group Jee

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Almost fell off the wagon today. Fortunately, the diesel lifts are out of stock everywhere. Maybe if I buy a soft top it will keep me busy for a day or two...
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group 0C2DAF93-8302-4E7E-934A-11588D4546B8

Don’t fall off the wagon man! You can do it! I’m two years and 26k miles in, still completely stock.

If you have to, log in to your bank account app on your phone every day and stare at your balance, just thinking about how it’ll be hurt by the mod bug!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The stock 33s are worth as much on here with 30k and just remember your argument from earlier amber ditch lights, NATURALLY led to amber fog lights. Why wouldn't 35s NATURALLY lead to a lift?! You've got this. You're as supported as that girl on the trampoline. :CWL:
This is the kinda support a man needs!

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That's an awesome winch setup! I also have the steel bumper group. There is something that bothers me about having a stock steel bumper that you have to buy another $250-$300 part for to sit the winch on. Not saying I won't end up doing it just like everyone else. 😔
I definitely approve of Jeep4Win's winch setup! I had your shared reservations about the cost of the steel bumper plus the added cost of the winch plate. But, I just couldn't find another bumper that I liked the aesthetics of.

IMG_2168 copy.jpg
Sponsored