Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Totally stock here, but eventually want to get 33 inch all terrains and quick disconnects, maybe some kc lights eventually for going through deer country on long empty back roads. Don't need anything more than that for the stuff I want to do!
This forum won't help you stick at just the 33s lol

I wanted to Keep the Jeep bone stock... then I got a takeoff suspension off of a Rubicon from a member here... then I got a Trektop... Then I got a takeoff steel bumper from another member here... then I got a winch from a buddy, so I had to buy the mounting bracket and install the winch... Maybe I can con some more takeoffs from @ThirtyOne when his Rubicon comes in. :devil:
Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I’m not really sure I can help. I had to add a few things day one....

C6370EC2-14A3-43A2-9F7A-F12D218C71E0.jpeg
That's an awesome winch setup! I also have the steel bumper group. There is something that bothers me about having a stock steel bumper that you have to buy another $250-$300 part for to sit the winch on. Not saying I won't end up doing it just like everyone else. 😔

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
That's an awesome winch setup! I also have the steel bumper group. There is something that bothers me about having a stock steel bumper that you have to buy another $250-$300 part for to sit the winch on. Not saying I won't end up doing it just like everyone else. 😔
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group giphy (3)

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I agree on the extra part cost. I got the Maximus-3 plate setup and filler guards.

Sponsored

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
The crazy thing is that I'm working on a plan to spend all kinds of money to make my JL Sahara look like the best version of a stock Sahara. Stock bumpers, stock side steps, stock wheels, 35" pizza cutters, the Mopar lift and 4.56 gears. It should look the way that Jeep should have sold it in the first place; to crazy people who can't save money.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
The crazy thing is that I'm working on a plan to spend all kinds of money to make my JL Sahara look like the best version of a stock Sahara. Stock bumpers, stock side steps, stock wheels, 35" pizza cutters, the Mopar lift and 4.56 gears. It should look the way that Jeep should have sold it in the first place; to crazy people who can't save money.
What kind of progress have you made already?

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
What kind of progress have you made already?
I have saved $17 toward the project.

All kidding aside right now I am trying to find a reputable local shop. Having trouble in that area. There are some great shops within an hour(+)s drive but that just doesn't sound convenient to me. I would love to do it myself but I know me; I'll F it up.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I have saved $17 toward the project.

All kidding aside right now I am trying to find a reputable local shop. Having trouble in that area. There are some great shops within an hour(+)s drive but that just doesn't sound convenient to me. I would love to do it myself but I know me; I'll F it up.
At least you recognize you'll mess it up. haha! An hour drive is better than someone dorking it up closer to home! At $17 you've got a ways to go, but I feel like that how the story goes for most. I was just thinking yesterday, when is fathers day, my birthday, Christmas?!

Sponsored

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
These people posting here would show up at an AA meeting with a scotch in their hands, or a PTSD support group and set off fireworks...

Now then, how big of a tire can I put on and still call it ‘stock?’

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Did you install yourself? I've watched some videos online and I've seen many struggle with very tight fitment.
I did do the install myself. No issues on my end but I put in a 8000 lb winch since that’s all my 2 door really needs. I have heard 10k and 12k winches are a little snug.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I did do the install myself. No issues on my end but I put in a 8000 lb winch since that’s all my 2 door really needs. I have heard 10k and 12k winches are a little snug.
Maybe I’ll get with someone that knows what they’re doing when the time comes. Haha.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I just got my Jeep and this has been my worst one yet... side steps, catback, 35’s and wheels, floor mats, seat covers, hood protector, speakers, and I’m still running my temporary tags lol it’s impossible to stay stock! Dont feel too bad
Sponsored