Starter??? Maybe

LewsWorld757

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, both the Main battery and AUX, have been changed out, and haven’t had problems, I had a couple of rough starts, but no problem it always starts up. Finally one day it doesn’t want to start, i was getting a “ winding” sound during start up. I had all electrical power all lights work, radio, computer, etc. this made me think it’s the starter automatically.

I started to try to take the starter out and of course I’m running into problems. Is there a way to get around the engine mount or the catalytic converter and if not what’s is the easiest way, to get the motor mounts out so I can get the starter out.

And my biggest question does anyone know the engineer who designed this Jeep model, I have a couple of choice words for that individual.

IMG_5764.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

IMG_5767.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

LewsWorld757

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
YouTube will be your friend.
Tried that and it help some what but there’s a legit video of someone else who has the same extract problem as me

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Tried that and it help some what but there’s a legit video of someone else who has the same extract problem as me

That sucks. I've always been able to find something to help me. Obviously haven't changed a JL starter though.
Sponsored