Sponsored

Squeeky Etorque Belt

MVOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So I thought I had a squeeky serpentine belt, but after spraying some water on various pulleys, I determined that my etorque belt was squeeky. Can someone tell me what the name of that belt is? I tried cleaning with some engine degreaser and it helped for a day, but now its sounds worse so I think I just need to get it replaced or try to replace it myself. I'm not finding much info on it online, so I figure the belt is probably called something else.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MVOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Serpentine belt for the belt-driven eTorque generator?
Thats basically what it is but I'm not finding it easily when doing a part search.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Thats basically what it is but I'm not finding it easily when doing a part search.
I found a similar eTorque belt for a Ram, but couldn't find one for a Jeep. Mopar parts search and their part descriptions just sucks for 99% of everything they carry.

Maybe @AllMoparParts.com can point you in the right direction?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The parts sites are really bad for this one. PM me your vin and ill get you the number in the morning.

I'm fairly sure it is
5281592AA
but I would like to verify.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

MVOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The parts sites are really bad for this one. PM me your vin and ill get you the number in the morning.

I'm fairly sure it is
5281592AA
but I would like to verify.
Is this diagram supposed to be illustrated looking from the front of the engine ? If so it's the #2 belt. I searched my vin on a few websites and found that this belt does fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Squeeky Etorque Belt Screenshot_20230321_210456

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Is this diagram supposed to be illustrated looking from the front of the engine ? If so it's the #2 belt. I searched my vin on a few websites and found that this belt does fit.
Jeep Wrangler JL Squeeky Etorque Belt Screenshot_20230321_210456
No?

etorque.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
This is my squeeky belt which looks like the #2 belt in that diagram unless I'm reading it wrong.
etorque.jpg
Yeah, that’s the a/c compressor. You should take your Jeep to the dealership.

Belt noise is very unusual on modern vehicles, unless you have a fluid leak directly into the belt or bearing failure is imminent.

Sponsored

Justin Case

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Did you ever get this figured out? I have a squeaky belt too and cannot figure out what is causing it. Took to the dealership and they replaced a water pump. said that the bearing felt weird. It was covered under warranty, but did not solve the issue.

OP
OP

MVOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever get this figured out? I have a squeaky belt too and cannot figure out what is causing it. Took to the dealership and they replaced a water pump. said that the bearing felt weird. It was covered under warranty, but did not solve the issue.
Yes, they replaced most of the pulleys but what ended up being the issue was the alternator. Once they replaced that, the noise went away. Took 5 repair visits to get it fixed. Keep going back until it's gone.

Justin Case

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Thanks for the response. That's crazy that the alternator was the culprit. After the water pump was replaced it was gone for about 2 days but came back with a vegance.

I am currently trying to get another appointment at the dealership. I thought it was just a belt issue, because when I spray the belt with water, the squeal goes away. It eventually will go away after driving for about 5 or 10 minutes, but comes back after letting the Jeep sit overnight. It is really annoying.

OP
OP

MVOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. That's crazy that the alternator was the culprit. After the water pump was replaced it was gone for about 2 days but came back with a vegance.

I am currently trying to get another appointment at the dealership. I thought it was just a belt issue, because when I spray the belt with water, the squeal goes away. It eventually will go away after driving for about 5 or 10 minutes, but comes back after letting the Jeep sit overnight. It is really annoying.
Yeah that sounds really similar to what was happening to me. In the process of them replacing pulleys and tensioner, it made the sound worse probably because there was more tension on the belt. Had them replace the serpentine belts too. It got to the point where any time I started my jeep it would sound bad. It may get worse before it gets better if they're replacing the wrong things but just keep trying and it will eventually be fixed.
Sponsored