First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Meh is right. The FCA ordering system wouldn't even let you order this bag, factory code CWJ if (due to FCA Ordering System software error) you also order Dual Tops AEN.

After all, why would you need a bag to hold your soft top if you're ordering a top option that includes a soft top (he asks in absurdity.)

The problem is that FCA doesn't feel you need a bag, because they're being one...of the douche variety.;)
Can't order a storage bag for the soft top window? I can't even order a JL! Well OK, I was able to order it, but I can't actually get it. Or even know, really, where it is, at least according to my dealer!
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Can't order a storage bag for the soft top window? I can't even order a JL! Well OK, I was able to order it, but I can't actually get it. Or even know, really, where it is, at least according to my dealer!

Mike, this ordering bug *may* have been resolved since I first reported it and escalated it to FCA Corporate.

BrianinNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I purchased the soft top window storage bag from Kangopod. Made for the JK but it does fit the JL windows. It's almost exactly as long as the tailgate bar, so the rear window is a tight fit. The rear window has to fold a little on each side, but only the cloth portion on either side has to be folded, not the actual window. The side windows fit with no issues, and the whole bag can be strapped to the back of the rear seats when full or empty. I have the Alpine audio and it fits even with the subwoofer.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Would you mind posting a few pictures? showing how much each side need to be folded in. Does it have 3 compartments or just 1? Thank you so much.

BrianinNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does have dividers between each window panel. It's supposed to be raining here for the next couple of days, but I'll try and remember to take pictures once the weather is better.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
What I used to do is roll my windows up and slide them into a bag designed for a folding camp chair. Fit like a glove and I already had the bag sitting in the garage.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I tried ordering the Soft Top Window Storage Bag (product code CWJ) from my dealer yesterday. It simply isn't available to even order yet, much less wait for once ordered.

I wonder if factory orders for this bag are going through. When I factory ordered my JLU the bag wasn't available.

Sponsored

BrianinNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took some pics of the Kangopod for anyone interested. First picture is the Kangopod in the cargo area, strapped to the rear headrests. It appears fairly large here, but it's just full of air at this point so if you push anything against it, it would compress. Haven't had the dogs in the back since I had it in, though, so not sure how they'll like it. May rig up a bungee or two to keep it pressed tighter to the seats.
IMG_0154.jpg

Second picture is the best I could capture of where the rear window has to be folded. The bag is almost exactly as long as the tailgate bar, so anything longer than that has to be folded. Since the window has the short piece of hard plastic at the bottom on both sides, you basically have to fold it as little as possible, right after that plastic piece ends.
IMG_0160.jpg

I haven't put anything in the front pockets yet, but they're pretty large. Zippers aren't Yeti quality, but seem sturdy so far. The hook and D-ring attached to the fabric that you loop around the headrests are metal, which seems like a nice touch until you hear them jingling if the strap isn't tight enough. I might end up replacing the current D-ring with plastic or maybe try to get some heat shrink tubing on it. It's been attached to the seats for a little over a week now, and it hasn't jingled since I tightened it up on day one. I've only been able to store the windows in it once so far, but I'm happy with it, especially in light of the very few alternatives. Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more after-market options for the JL soon.

bam1111

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
Most likely, they meant hard top storage bag which comes with the hard top. I didn’t see that bag listed in their description. But hey, who knows.
Click on the window sticker. It’s the real thing. I found it bg doing inventory search on Jeep.com with window storage bag as the only option.
Sponsored

Reactions: zyt