Soft top window cleaning

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I've tried the PlastX. It is great for cleaning but not so good in removing light scratches.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Does anyone know of a product that does work for removing scratches?

Like a MORON, I used the soapy brush at the car wash last week and now my windows are scratched all to hell. Looks terrible. Doh! And the bad thing is... I knew better. :crying:

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL

Like a MORON, I used the soapy brush at the car wash last week and now my windows are scratched all to hell. Looks terrible. Doh! And the bad thing is... I knew better. :crying:
Wxman we have gone through this situation a lot here and truthfully there is no quick fix. My only thought is to use Plexus you can get it on Amazon. I used it for years on my sailboat and although it doesn't remove the scratches it cleans it and makes it look better. Sorry I can't help any further.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.

Unfortunately, the only product that is going to fix that is your credit card. You’ll need new windows.

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide

See post #4

Sponsored

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I just gave up and resigned myself that my soft top windows are stained. I wish Jeep would place some kind of protection on them when they transport it

ScoobyDoggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hella Yella JLU
Short of having the windows replaced, did anyone ever figure out WHY this was happening? I have the same issue with all three windows (just purchased recently) and then the black continues past the windows and down the body. First time I caught this, the black came off the body easily - this time, not so much, and is ghosting a bit. Assuming there is something in the protectant for the soft top that is causing the issue. Would really like to figure that out before it becomes a bigger problem. (Let me know if there is another thread I should ping as well.)

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
So, I looked and couldn't find any information specific for JLs.
Went to the car wash and told them specifically not to use any wax just soap and water last Wednesday, Saturday night I noticed there were some streaks going vertical almost like "drip marks".
So far I've tried warm water and dish soap and multi-surface pledge. They're still there and driving me crazy. How do I get rid of them? Anyone have any luck with PlastiX?

I'll post a picture tomorrow when its light out.
Plexus is da best

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Short of having the windows replaced, did anyone ever figure out WHY this was happening? I have the same issue with all three windows (just purchased recently) and then the black continues past the windows and down the body. First time I caught this, the black came off the body easily - this time, not so much, and is ghosting a bit. Assuming there is something in the protectant for the soft top that is causing the issue. Would really like to figure that out before it becomes a bigger problem. (Let me know if there is another thread I should ping as well.)
On my first JL it was really bad. All down the windows and down the paint on all sides. I thought it was fluid from maybe the truck that brought it on but they said it came off the top rack. Anyhow I was able to remove it from the paint with some cleaner wax

JohnQSr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojito Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2 Dr.
Occupation
Retired Navy, Public Safety
You take your soft top JLU through an automated car wash?
Yes, I've always taken my soft tops to the car wash. I only take them to non-contact car washes, and never more than a couple of times a year, so any chemicals don't erode the fabric. I've never had a problem, as I'm currently on my 4th Wrangler.

Sponsored

mahewd

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
A glass cleaner can be a good option to solve this problem. But it should be an ammonia-free product.

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
My 2018 Sahara started to get the stains from rain water and airborne pollutants and would not come out? A wash would improve the appearance but would come back. I purchased the Best top window cleaner and it would appear that it has removed the stained area. Time will tell!
Sponsored