unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
I am the second owner of my '18 JLUR and it came with the dual top option. The soft top was never taken out of the box, in fact it was still sealed. The soft top was wrapped in a thin vinyl with velcro ends that helps hold and protect the soft top. I am planning on using that when I store it this winter. I haven't had the soft top off since installing it so I haven't played with it to see how well it works. But it was in the soft top box and it was a US order/delivery.
Great. Thank you.

Would it be safe to call it a "soft top storage wrap"?
Sponsored

fourtotheside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Would it be safe to call it a "soft top storage wrap"?
Yes, it's pretty thin material. It will keep the dust off it in storage, and maybe help keep it in a bundle as you remove it for the winter. I wouldn't leave it outside for any extended period.

OP
OP
unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
Has anyone who purchased just the soft top received this thin vinyl "wrap" to use when storing the soft top?

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone who purchased just the soft top received this thin vinyl "wrap" to use when storing the soft top?
I just bought the premium soft top and it came with the very thin vinyl around the top. I can take a photo if needed.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
We've ordered the Dual Top Package. There was a bag for the Freedom Panels and a bag for storing the soft top when it's off the Jeep. Needed to order the Soft Top Window bag.
Me too.

Sponsored

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
I also have a dual top. I would say it's closer to packing material than a "storage bag." That said, I hung onto it when I unpacked my soft top with the intention of using it to keep the top clean and somewhat protected over the winter when the hard top goes on. I'm sure you would get the same thing if you ordered a standalone premium soft top, since that box is exactly what you get shoved into the back of the jeep when you get the dual top group. I suspect that soft-top-only jeep wouldn't have this included because it's actually just packing material, though it does look to be somewhat reusable.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I just bought the premium soft top and it came with the very thin vinyl around the top. I can take a photo if needed.
So I got curious about this and started searching for one of those Christmas tree storage bags but I couldn’t find one of the right size. Then I started looking for furniture storage and found the below. It seems to be insect repellent (borax) and has good reviews. I haven’t used it but if I did remove my soft top for seasonal storage indoors I’d probably try a solution like this, maybe leaving a few small holes in it for water vapor release and including some moth balls, etc.

6 Foot Standard Sofa or Couch Storage Bag. 3 Mil-heavy Duty, Professional Grade Plastic. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017PXHXUE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ybhoDb8Z9NNGD

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I ordered dual top, received the freedom panel bag but NOT a soft window storage bag. So, I arranged for the Mopar soft window storage bag through my dealer, and he just gave it to me. I really like the Mopar soft window storage bag. But no, I did not receive nor have a I seen anything to store the actual soft top. I'd definitely be interested though!

JustAJeepn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR