Sponsored

Soft top storage bag or other storage options?

RichK.MA

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
I will be putting my hard top back on soon. Wondering what folks do to store their JLU Sunrider soft tops? Quadratec and Mopar don't have a bag for this yet.... looking for some ideas to keep it safe for the winter. I have a garage, so maybe I'll build a suspended ceiling shelf. Wanted to see what others are doing though. thanks
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I will be putting my hard top back on soon. Wondering what folks do to store their JLU Sunrider soft tops? Quadratec and Mopar don't have a bag for this yet.... looking for some ideas to keep it safe for the winter. I have a garage, so maybe I'll build a suspended ceiling shelf. Wanted to see what others are doing though. thanks
Havenā€™t stored it yet, waiting for window storage bag to arrive before I swap tops.

When it was delivered the top itself was mostly wrapped in a vinyl bag of sorts. Iā€™ve saved that to wrap it for winter.

DBROKL

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Havenā€™t stored it yet, waiting for window storage bag to arrive before I swap tops.

When it was delivered the top itself was mostly wrapped in a vinyl bag of sorts. Iā€™ve saved that to wrap it for winter.
I plan to store mine in this same way.

OP
OP
RichK.MA

RichK.MA

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Mine soft-top also came wrapped in a storage bag with velcro and whatnot. Isn't that standard?
I was thinking of something better that I could easily hang. The vinyl bag probably wouldn't do well with that.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
What would be nice is if someone produced a bag for the soft top that had Molle webbing stitched across the entire length of the top of the Bach so one could attach any strap or carabiner to it in almost any configuration of locations to hang it up from bike hooksā€”on wall, up close on the ceiling, etc. Comapnies like GORUCK could do something like this, but they would charge a few arms for it. It would be useful.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Honestly this is something that requires a lot of thinking. As long as where ever you plan to store it in the off season keeps it safe from damage you should be fine.

I've got a cart that I built years ago that I lay my soft top over the top of then throw a bed sheet over it (the thing with teh christmas tree box on it). This is something I've been doing with no issues for nearly 10 years.

20046587_1733255170022836_4729596585782021676_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
I decided to put it back in the original box and use my hard top hoist to lift it out of the way in the off season. Seemed like a good solution at the time.

80DBE4B3-644B-47FD-83D5-805E0EA9B5C2.jpeg

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
I've got a racor lift that I'm using to lift the hard top. The freedom tops are on top of that. When I swap tops I'll just lay the softop on that racor lift and store it close to the ceiling.
Sponsored