Sponsored

Soft top release from lock hinges

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
today I installed my new premium soft top.
after installation, I am having issues release both front hinges to fold the top back.
When both are hooked and tightened, it’s easy to release one side, but the second side won’t release easily unless I hold the top down hard, and it doesn’t release easily at all.
Has anyone experienced that issue?
Does it get any easier with time, as the top stretches a bit or something or am I missing something??
Feedback appreciated.
Sponsored

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
after installation, I am having issues release both front hinges to fold the top back.
When both are hooked and tightened, it’s easy to release one side, but the second side won’t release easily unless I hold the top down hard, and it doesn’t release easily at all.
Does it get any easier with time, as the top stretches a bit or something or am I missing something??
Feedback appreciated.
I’m having the same issues. Soft top went on yesterday took me 5 min to get the 2 hooks off the latch. What am I doing wrong ? Appreciate any insight. Thanks

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
If you pull the latch handle all the way down, it should cause the hook to pivot and completely release. It's kinda backwards from what you might expect.

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
If you pull the latch handle all the way down, it should cause the hook to pivot and completely release. It's kinda backwards from what you might expect.
Thanks for the advice. I went out and tried. Both latches don’t disengage at the same without me really working on it. Either side, individually open no problem. I was thinking since the top is on only 2 days maybe it needs more time to stretch but the latches close very easily.

OP
OP
Gus

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the advice. I went out and tried. Both latches don’t disengage at the same without me really working on it. Either side, individually open no problem. I was thinking since the top is on only 2 days maybe it needs more time to stretch but the latches close very easily.
Mine gets resolved when I release the hatch quickly, but its only on one side. so if the other side is held tight it gets released faster.
Try holding the top down with once hand and release the hatch fast
hope that helps.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Feedback appreciated.
I’m having the same issues. Soft top went on yesterday took me 5 min to get the 2 hooks off the latch. What am I doing wrong ? Appreciate any insight. Thanks
Mine did the same thing for about the first week it was on, just needed to stretch. Otherwise just push forward on the front bar (the one on top of the windshield) and the second latch should pop out.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Grab it in the middle between the latches there is a flat spot to pull down on makes it much easier on a newly installed top to unlatch.
Sponsored