Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Suntop makes one that's a bit different. It's a somewhat utilitarian setup, without the whole convertible mechanism, but I believe it "fully retracts" by rolling it towards the windshield and securing the roll in place. I think the windows come out as a single piece, so, no zippers or anything; this is just going off memory from a video I saw a while back, so I could be mistaken.
Are the Suntop JL products available for sale somewhere?

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

morg5862

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 4DR JL
Found a Mopar Premium Tan soft top on Facebook marketplace for $1000. Was waiting on Bestop but after the issues I saw with the NX posted on here I decided to go with the factory top.

86351213_10216047380359812_1203861504659554304_n.jpg
The tan looks nice on that!

Sponsored

IceInfusion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For the JL we've got the Trektop, Supertop Ultra, and Trektop Ultra.

The Supertop Ultra is effectively the same as the Premium top option from Jeep (we make it for Jeep) that has a minor difference in how the top is released so it can be dropped into the cargo area, and it's slightly cheaper than the OEM top. We're taking pre-orders now on this, and they should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Here are photos of the STUltra for JL.

supertop-ultra-jl-modes.jpg

The Trektop Ultra is similar to the Supertop Ultra but is the fastback design. We're still waiting on some additional information to get a pre-order launched for this, but the last word we had from manufacturing is that we'd have them shipping in mid/late March. Here are photos of the upcoming TTUltra for JL.

ttujl-4up.jpg

Except for the Trektop, the Ultras are 4-door only applications (at least for now).

PS - NX was is still used on our site in different places but it's the same as Trektop (fastback style).

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Pleeeeeeeease release the Trektop Ultra for the 2 door.

belacyrf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Does anyone have any clue whether or not the Bestop Trektop / Supertop Ultra will sit lower, higher than the Mopar soft top at full open?

I'm leaning heavily to trektop as I love the fastback look, but if I lose rear visibility over the Mopar top, then that needs to be a consideration.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Does anyone have any clue whether or not the Bestop Trektop / Supertop Ultra will sit lower, higher than the Mopar soft top at full open?

I'm leaning heavily to trektop as I love the fastback look, but if I lose rear visibility over the Mopar top, then that needs to be a consideration.
Excellent point.

Thought...in addition to on demand use of your backup camera for 8 second intervals, should the top block rear view mirror visibility, the JL Tazer I believe allows the camera to remain on until you turn it off.

Sure--it's use as a replacement rear view mirror isn't ideal...just sayin, especially if you were going to get the JL Tazer anyway.

(I recently saw a commercial for a vehicle--I can't remember which one--which integrates the backup camera into a screen on the rear view mirror.)

Sponsored

belacyrf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
it's the Range Rover Evoque, it uses a hybrid approach, you flip it and it goes from mirror to camera view. Pretty slick.

The Toyota Rav4 is supposed to offer it too.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

The Trektop Ultra and Supertop Ultra should be very close, if not identical, to the same fully collapsed height of the OEM premium top (we make that for Jeep as well). The Supertop Ultra is nearly the same as the OEM premium top except that the releases for the fully retracted mode are a little different. The cost is a little less as well.

I've not seen the Trektop Ultra next to a Supertop Ultra in person or next to the OEM premium top, but I would expect it to lay a little shorter in height since there is a little less fabric because of the fastback design.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

belacyrf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
The Trektop Ultra and Supertop Ultra should be very close, if not identical, to the same fully collapsed height of the OEM premium top (we make that for Jeep as well). The Supertop Ultra is nearly the same as the OEM premium top except that the releases for the fully retracted mode are a little different. The cost is a little less as well.

I've not seen the Trektop Ultra next to a Supertop Ultra in person or next to the OEM premium top, but I would expect it to lay a little shorter in height since there is a little less fabric because of the fastback design.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Awesome, thank you. Now just release the Trektop and we're in business :)

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Awesome, thank you. Now just release the Trektop and we're in business :)
We're anxiously waiting for final pricing so we can get pre-orders live. It should be very similar in price to the Supertop Ultra, and shipments are currently expected mid/late March. That said, as soon as we have all the info we're waiting on, we'll get the pre-orders launched. :fingerscrossed:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

belacyrf

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
We're anxiously waiting for final pricing so we can get pre-orders live. It should be very similar in price to the Supertop Ultra, and shipments are currently expected mid/late March. That said, as soon as we have all the info we're waiting on, we'll get the pre-orders launched. :fingerscrossed:

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sounds good, and regardless, I'm appreciative of you and your company having reps in these forums to give us information directly!
Sponsored