Sponsored

Soft Top Change

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey everyone

I ordered my Jeep just over a week ago and in looking through the threads about soft tops and my build sheet from the dealer I didn’t see the upcharge for the premium soft top. I am going to call tomorrow but is it possible to make a change to an order this early in the game? I had the standard soft top of my last JKU and didn’t have any issues but from reading it looks like the premium if I can change is the way to go. I selected the premium online but forgot to relay this to the dealership when I was pricing.
Sponsored

Tykoehn1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Hey everyone

I ordered my Jeep just over a week ago and in looking through the threads about soft tops and my build sheet from the dealer I didn’t see the upcharge for the premium soft top. I am going to call tomorrow but is it possible to make a change to an order this early in the game? I had the standard soft top of my last JKU and didn’t have any issues but from reading it looks like the premium if I can change is the way to go. I selected the premium online but forgot to relay this to the dealership when I was pricing.
You can't change it once you are assigned a VIN.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I don't think that's true. I changed my order two weeks after getting a VIN. That said, I ordered a 2-door soft top and those don't go into production until Mid-March.

Doesn't hurt to try, anyway. My understanding is that your dealer will need to work with his FCA rep.

Tykoehn1

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
I don't think that's true. I changed my order two weeks after getting a VIN. That said, I ordered a 2-door soft top and those don't go into production until Mid-March.

Doesn't hurt to try, anyway. My understanding is that your dealer will need to work with his FCA rep.
When I went to change my order the dealer made a big deal that I couldn't change it. I decided not to reorder and keep my original order.

I'm sure anything is possible with enough detmination.

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I haven’t received anything from the dealer saying a VIN has been assigned yet, guess I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
If they say no, you're not weeks in so just reorder with what you want.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
That's a good question. I want tan but I'm getting impatient. If it doesn't come soon, I may order the STD soft top in Black and upgrade to a premium tan top later.
That's my plan as well if they use the same hardware, i would think they would. can anyone confirm?

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Do both soft tops use the same hardware?
I can’t confirm this is all I have found -

The standard top is vinyl. The premium top is twill \ sailcloth. It's about 3 times thicker with multiple layers. It is quieter and keeps heat\cold in better.

In the past the headers and door surrounds have been common no matter what top you had so I would guess this would still be the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just received my VIN from the dealer about the same time he was seeing if a change could be processed - unfortunately no changes once the VIN has been assigned - I am going to keep my order and see if the dealer will work out a switch at some point if I pay the upcharge. Maybe at some point I will put a different style top on it anyways.
Sponsored