Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
392 doesn’t get the additional 1.5”
lift even though we still pay the full $4k, so stock ground clearance will be only ~11” from the 35” tires not 12.9” and not even my hopeful 12.4” (current 10.8” Rubicon v 10.3” 392) Looks like I will still be adding a lift. :mad:

“A 1.5-inch suspension lift with retuned dampers will support the Wrangler Rubicon, while the 392 makes do with its standard 2.0-inch lift.”
Sponsored

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

lift even though we still pay the full $4k, so stock ground clearance will be only ~11” from the 35” tires not 12.9” and not even my hopeful 12.4” (current 10.8” Rubicon v 10.3” 392) Looks like I will still be adding a lift. :mad:

“A 1.5-inch suspension lift with retuned dampers will support the Wrangler Rubicon, while the 392 makes do with its standard 2.0-inch lift.”
Wouldn't it be 11.3 then since the 35s would add an extra inch over stock 10.3 ?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

That is kind of silly though. Not sure how jeep can justify the same price unless the 392 has other things on the recon package that the regular Rubicon won't.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
That is kind of silly though. Not sure how jeep can justify the same price unless the 392 has other things on the recon package that the regular Rubicon won't.
it may be worse than you think - my understanding is that as part of the package the V6 also gets the performance brakes and front axle that the 392 already has.

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
~11” estimated 392 XR ground clearance is based on Rubicon 2.1” increase minus 1.5” lift = 0.6” from larger tires.

also, Rubicon BFGs are 32.8” and XR BFGs are 34.4” so we are only getting a 0.8” increase from the axle which is more likely 0.6” with the weight of the 392 and deflated from 37psi to prevent it from wandering

Sponsored

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
it may be worse than you think - my understanding is that as part of the package the V6 also gets the performance brakes and front axle that the 392 already has.
Agreed. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised but you gotta pay to play and the XR package is the only way to order a 392 for the rest of 2021 MY

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I would if I was in the market for a new Jeep. But I am pretty happy with what I have right now. If you are already getting a Rubicon, then why not?. It also avoids the hassle of lifting and all that.

Jeep is gonna come with even better options in the future, if Ford gets it together with the freaking Bronco. I am really hoping for a Willys that comes with lockers instead of rear LSD. The next generation wrangler we are most likely looking at something like the "Xtreme" as the de facto Rubicon. I really hope the Bronco is a big hit in real life and not just in the media. Ford has been shitty to say the least to its costumers so far. The issue with the Xtreme package is that it sits on top of Rubicon, it is like a badlands sasquatch Bronco, but at least it exists. We have no idea how good of a vehicle the badlands sasquatch actually is. The rubicon though.... and with a lift and 35s.... no brainer. Xtreme > badlands(sas) big time.

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Well that makes even less sense lol guess let's wait and see. My primary reason for wanting the package if I'm being honest is the looks. I feel the 33s look a little small on the 392 since it's "2 inch lift" so I wanted the 35s and the 456 gears would be cool. Plus the extended fender flare add on pieces. I'm a sucker for shit like that lol like a vette with wider wheel flares. Wide body baby! Lol

I don't plan on smashing my new 80k jeep up on rocks just so I can say I'm a real offroader. I'd like to do some fun light trails. Some deep snow. Maybe some sand and mud but have no interest in huge Boulder crawling for me personally. This may get me banned from the forum lol

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
I would if I was in the market for a new Jeep. But I am pretty happy with what I have right now. If you are already getting a Rubicon, then why not?. It also avoids the hassle of lifting and all that.

Jeep is gonna come with even better options in the future, if Ford gets it together with the freaking Bronco. I am really hoping for a Willys that comes with lockers instead of rear LSD. The next generation wrangler we are most likely looking at something like the "Xtreme" as the de facto Rubicon. I really hope the Bronco is a big hit in real life and not just in the media. Ford has been shitty to say the least to its costumers so far. The issue with the Xtreme package is that it sits on top of Rubicon, it is like a badlands sasquatch Bronco, but at least it exists. We have no idea how good of a vehicle the badlands sasquatch actually is. The rubicon though.... and with a lift and 35s.... no brainer. Xtreme > badlands(sas) big time.
Agreed. Ordered mine with XR Monday. Like you said. A no brainer. Would have liked to go 2.0 but Jeep makes the rules :) This will be my 9th Wrangler. Just couldn't order a new and not pull the trigger.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Id probably do it if I ordered a 392 but I dont really want the 3.6 etorque.
Ya, I wanted 2.0 not 3.6 but no choice. Ordered Monday with XR package. It's gonna look sweet at the mall :)
Sponsored