Sponsored

Smittybilt 2747 Compact 10lb CO2 System

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was out hunting last weekend, aired down my tires from 33psi to 19psi and planned my route to exit the dirt about a half mile from the nearest service station. Which had a busted compressor. And so did the second one. 25 miles later I was able to fill up but my tires were not happy.

I've been debating on a nice 12v compressor vs. a DIY CO2 setup when I was browsing eBay and found a seller with new Smittybilt 2747 10lb CO2 kits for $174! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smittybilt...014932&hash=item1c3bf8bf0c:g:O9EAAOxyRhBS6UDS

My concern is an out of date inspection stamp but it's not too expensive to recertify and this is way cheaper than Powertank or PolyPerformance kits, even DIY. We will see when it arrives next week, normally I would wait for a coupon but I have a trip coming up and want to function test in advance.

Anything I should look out for once it arrives or before/after filling?
Sponsored

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Arrived today after a "train derailment" delay. Date stamp is 3/2019 and appears to be in great shape. Gets filled Monday :rock:

IMG_20191011_195611.jpg

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
How’s it working? I’ve decided to go this route rather than the more expensive tanks out there.

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How’s it working? I’ve decided to go this route rather than the more expensive tanks out there.
Works perfect on the tires. I couldn't get enough torque with my air ratchet to get the sway bar links off, but I suspect that's due to my cheap Husky brand ratchet not the tank/regulator.

My other problem is securing it during transit. With a 2 door soft top there are minimal spots inside for a mount especially when loaded up. Still working on a good solution, even externally.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I thought of going this route, Then I realized that good portable air compressor was about the same price without the cost of refilling the tank all the time. Not only the cost to fill the tank, but also the time and cost to go get the tank filled.

Sponsored

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
I thought of going this route, Then I realized that good portable air compressor was about the same price without the cost of refilling the tank all the time. Not only the cost to fill the tank, but also the time and cost to go get the tank filled.
What “good” portable AC do you have?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 20 lb that I dump off at the gas distributor and pick up a full one. Last time was $26 IIRC and about 4 minutes. I also have a couple 5 lb tanks as backups.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
So in one year of wheeling I would have a couple hundred buck into filling up the tanks. Yeah, but no.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
So in one year of wheeling I would have a couple hundred buck into filling up the tanks. Yeah, but no.
You wheel A LOT! I am jealous.

What I like is having a lot of pneumatic energy available. But I will admit that with the improvement of battery operated tools - impact, cut-off, grinder - the value is less than it was when I got my set up 20 years ago.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
You wheel A LOT! I am jealous.

What I like is having a lot of pneumatic energy available. But I will admit that with the improvement of battery operated tools - impact, cut-off, grinder - the value is less than it was when I got my set up 20 years ago.
I jeeping bud just bought this two days ago. I am also in the process of switching over to battery operated tools.

276322XC501.png

M18 FUEL™ 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring Kit

The M18 FUEL™ 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring Kit features the most powerful cordless wrench in its class, delivering up to 700 ft-lbs of maximum fastening torque, 1,100 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque and up to 2X more runtime. The POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor outperforms competitors with constant power output, and the Milwaukee® designed impact mechanism delivers up to 700 ft-lbs of maximum fastening torque. The REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Pack delivers more work per charge and more work over pack life than any other battery. It features an onboard fuel gauge to help you monitor the charge more accurately, so there’s less downtime on the job. REDLINK PLUS™ Intelligence allows the operator to choose between 2 fastening modes with Milwaukee’s proprietary DRIVE CONTROL™ feature and ensures maximum performance and protection from overload, overheating and over-discharge. This 18-volt lithium-ion FUEL™ High-Torque Impact Wrench offers quick, tool-free socket changes with a 1/2" friction ring anvil. You’ll get ultimate comfort during extended use with the new contoured soft grip. The kit includes 2 REDLITHIUM™ XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Packs, a multi-voltage charger and a carrying case.

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this because my tank developed a slow leak between the tank and the regulator. Luckily mine is exterior mounted otherwise it could have been bad news for me. Check your tanks often especially if they are mounted inside.
Sponsored