First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Apologies if there are threads on this. I searched and each one spiraled into comments on whether to buy one rather than how to maintain it.

I have one and couldn’t find any official jeep info on maintaining it. I don’t think Besttop provides the soft top for the sky one touch.

Specifically I was looking at best product to seal it (303, etc), how often to do so, and if anything in the motor needs lubed and how often with what.

@JeepCares if you have a link or can chime in on the official answer would be amazing. The top is great and hoping to keep it that way on the long haul.
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Bestop products on mine

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Apologies if there are threads on this. I searched and each one spiraled into comments on whether to buy one rather than how to maintain it.

I have one and couldn’t find any official jeep info on maintaining it. I don’t think Besttop provides the soft top for the sky one touch.

Specifically I was looking at best product to seal it (303, etc), how often to do so, and if anything in the motor needs lubed and how often with what.

@JeepCares if you have a link or can chime in on the official answer would be amazing. The top is great and hoping to keep it that way on the long haul.
Good Morning George,
We do rely on our dealers in the field to provide the type of product knowledge you are looking for. We recommend reaching out to your preferred dealer to discuss further.
Alex
JeepCares

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
George, with no disrespect to FCA's above response intended, I can't help but think this is what they said....

"FCA has no official products for cleaning their Power top."

I really think you can't go wrong either with the Bestop line of soft top cleaners and protectors, or much raved about Formula 303....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY1W7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMYYQ36/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Many soft top owners, myself included use 303 (the fabric version.) Once applied, nothing IMHO sticks to the soft top that can't be removed with water. I'd imagine the power top has similarly fabric. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
George, with no disrespect to FCA's above response intended, I can't help but think this is what they said....

"FCA has no official products for cleaning their Power top."

I really think you can't go wrong either with the Bestop line of soft top cleaners and protectors, or much raved about Formula 303....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY1W7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMYYQ36/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Many soft top owners, myself included use 303 (the fabric version.) Once applied, nothing IMHO sticks to the soft top that can't be removed with water. I'd imagine the power top has similarly fabric. :)
Thanks. I was hoping @JeepCares would at least have official motor maintenance. If it’s maintenance free that’s great. If it needs any points lubricated, cleaned, etc that would be helpful. I would hope they inform their dealerships how to perform maintenance on these and can in turn tell us rather than just trusting the dealerships to figure it out.

Seems like I have good advice on the fabric. Still unclear on track and motor.

Adamoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (2.0T w/ eTorque)
Thanks. I was hoping @JeepCares would at least have official motor maintenance. If it’s maintenance free that’s great. If it needs any points lubricated, cleaned, etc that would be helpful. I would hope they inform their dealerships how to perform maintenance on these and can in turn tell us rather than just trusting the dealerships to figure it out.

Seems like I have good advice on the fabric. Still unclear on track and motor.
Anything in the owner’s or supplemental manual?

OP
OP
DocTwinkie

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Anything in the owner’s or supplemental manual?
There’s a small paragraph that says use a high quality cleaner. Nothing about how often to protect it or more importantly anything on the motor maintenance or lubrication points.