KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I've done business with SiriusXM before. On the activation is there a way to prevent them from automatic renewal? I would be interested in "creative" means of payment.... If you use a credit card with a "chip" does that do it? PayPal and when they auto renew.... challenge the charge with Paypal ? I hope to take delivery of my Jeep this week, want the one year free... but that's all. I hate the termination phone call to SiriusXM. They really are the worst company for terminating. If you don't know this, just wait...
Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
How I deal with Sirius is this...go ahead and go on the auto renewal, then (and you have to remember it) call them at about the 11 month point and tell them you want to cancel. They will bend over backwards...sometimes not right away, but within a week, you'll get called and offered the next year at between 30-50% off. Try it...it works well...

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You only have to provide an email and mailing address, no credit card. A few weeks later they'll try to get you to commit to 6 months more at expiry for $50 to get you trapped by sending a notice in the mail. Just ignore that as you'll get a similar offer at the end anyway.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
In regard to SiriusXM, it is best not use your charge card when you are doing the final agreement with the SiriusXM representative.

Again, NEVER, give a SirriusXM representative your charge card info!

Tell the representative you want them to bill you. Yes, depending on the state you live in (NY state, they cannot charge you a fee to bill) they will charge you a $2.00 fee to bill you. You can demand that the $2.00 be waived and usually they will waive it.

Anyway, they bill you and then you go to their website/your account there and pay. You can use your charge card at that time as you are given the option there, to select one time charge card use only.

Now, if you do as I mention, SirriusXM cannot, again cannot, automatically renew you at a crazy high subscription rate. When you are about a month from renewal time, just call them and barter for your renewal rate with the retention's department.

Important: A renewal time it is always best to call and say you want to cancel when asked by the automated system why you are calling. If you say "Cancel" you are transferred automatically to the retention's department who will offer you lower subscription rate packages, if you are adamant by canceling their service.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
If you have already paid them and you don't want to worry about remembering to cancel the renewal call them. Tell them you want to cancel it now and they will cancel it. You have prepaid for X amount of time and your Sirius radio will stay on for that time. By them canceling it the automatic renewal will not happen.
Sponsored