Sirius Guardian - New Jeep Activation Issue

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Just joined the family with a new 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door and we are loving it. Took delivery this past weekend and dealer was great with everything but came home to find out about the recall (need to schedule a service appointment), and per my purchase I get 1 year Guardian and other Sirius features. The satellite service (radio) is a not an issue. The Guardian Service is...

It seems that the unit and services were registered to another person, from another dealer, as a deal fell through (never took delivery). When I contacted the Assist service to start the services, I was told the service was registered to another person over 45+ days ago. I contacted my dealer and they stated they needed to push the new vehicle and owner information out and the service would then be available. It has been a week, a couple of calls to the dealer, and no Activate Services button. I want to ensure I get my full year of the Guardian Services...

Is there a workaround for this, I like the dealer but I feel like they really are not sure what to do... Yet the Assist "voice" told me to contact the dealer. Next call is to Jeep/Dodge... Any suggestions?
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I can’t believe the dealer registered all the info to a prospective buyer before the deal was finalized. That is the dealers fault and they ne d to step up an make it right and also insure you get your full year service.

OP
OP
maddscot

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t believe the dealer registered all the info to a prospective buyer before the deal was finalized. That is the dealers fault and they ne d to step up an make it right and also insure you get your full year service.
Thanks, and they have already stated they will, and perhaps more. They have been great, but I don't think they know how to do it... The Jeep came from another dealer as well...

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Oh wow so it gets even more complicated. I would imagine at some point a true Bill of sale nees to be sent to Sirius with the name actual owner and purchase date to get the free trial started with adjustment for the screw up of course.

OP
OP
maddscot

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow up, Dealer has been great in working this out. They worked direct with Sirius and whomever and this all will be updated by mid-next week. They provided a full explanation (found out previous dealer who sent vehicle to them fat fingered the system that it activated under one of their employees) and that all will be reset as me as owner, and that the trail period will be reset for 1 year. The bill of sale, etc will be sent as noted by quietpeen above...
Sponsored