First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
So I've noticed that on my commute my jeep wants to stay in what I feel is too high of a gear all the time. For instance, I'll leave a light and it will upshift normally but when the speed slows a little, kets say from 50ish down to 30ish, there is no downshift. I can feel the engine chug and unless I put my foot on the gas more or switch to the manual it will chug in that gear. It will be in 4th gear at 20mph! I'm going to try to video record this on a trip for all to see if I can. Anyone else noticing this?

I am calling my dealer tomorrow for this and the cold engine tapping, leaks that I really don't think should be happening, and some recall stuff too.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I've noticed that on my commute my jeep wants to stay in what I feel is too high of a gear all the time. For instance, I'll leave a light and it will upshift normally but when the speed slows a little, kets say from 50ish down to 30ish, there is no downshift. I can feel the engine chug and unless I put my foot on the gas more or switch to the manual it will chug in that gear. It will be in 4th gear at 20mph! I'm going to try to video record this on a trip for all to see if I can. Anyone else noticing this?

I am calling my dealer tomorrow for this and the cold engine tapping, leaks that I really don't think should be happening, and some recall stuff too.
That certainly sounds frustrating, @CBEUnion. I see that you will be getting in touch with your dealership for assistance; if you have any other questions after visiting with them, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kate
JeepCares

OP
OP
@CBEUnion

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Thanks for the response @JeepCares! It's great that you're here and have input for those who need the help. I'll post the results of my dealer visit here in this thread. My dealer is Crowley Jeep in Bristol CT, and so far they've been awesome!
Sponsored