Sponsored

Shielded cable replacement - *Badlands Winch*

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I need to replace the shielded positive cable that comes out of the Badlands Apex winch. It suffered some damage inside the engine bay. My google searching has failed me and I can't seem to be able to find just this cable. Anyone know where I can buy this? Or a equivalent cable?

Jeep Wrangler JL Shielded cable replacement - *Badlands Winch* Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 11.05.29 AM
Sponsored

ParadigmDawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X, 2023 Rubicon 392
Clubs

I need to replace the shielded positive cable that comes out of the Badlands Apex winch. It suffered some damage inside the engine bay. My google searching has failed me and I can't seem to be able to find just this cable. Anyone know where I can buy this? Or a equivalent cable?

Jeep Wrangler JL Shielded cable replacement - *Badlands Winch* Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 11.05.29 AM
Isn't it just a 2g cable with shielding over it?

ParadigmDawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X, 2023 Rubicon 392
Clubs

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer

I use welding cable for all my auto needs.

I built a set for a client for winches and batteries in his Jeep, he had a dual battery setup and a winch.

I use ONLY solid copper or brass connectors that are lead/zinc plated

You want to use welding cable, its a finer strand that Auto grade so it adapts easier to twists and turns of threading it the grills and engine bay. It also carries far more amps for a gauge of cable.

Auto-grade cable goes bad in about 5 years or even less if you live near the coasts.

It is expensive but worth it I assure you. The set below I built for about $120... I strongly recommend if you do a LOT of off road then I switch to welding grade and solid copper/brass connections.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shielded cable replacement - *Badlands Winch* IMG_2713.JPG

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport