BADLANDS 12K WINCH NOT FITTING

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I posted this in another thread, but it didn't get any replies. Not sure if anyone saw it, or nobody has a real solution..

I have the RedRock 4x4 stubby front bumper on my 20 JL. The winch BARELY fits in there. The spool of rope looks to be touching/rubbing on the bottom of the grill. Is this something that could just be cut to make it fit, or would I just be better off getting a smaller winch?
Jeep Wrangler JL BADLANDS 12K WINCH NOT FITTING winch front
Jeep Wrangler JL BADLANDS 12K WINCH NOT FITTING winch to
Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I don't really know the answer, but I had a similar problem trying to mount a Warn winch on a Fishbone bumper. My problem was the winch was so tight that the wiring was impossible to access. The wiring comes out the back on my winch. I ended up buying a Quadratec bumper that was only slightly better, but enough to get it in there. It seems like the bumper people don't check the dimensions of winches first.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
There are people who drilled the side and rerouted the wires. I don't have the thread handy, but it's the big thread on this winch. I know I need to do it myself.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
In the Jeep world of everything fitting perfect is just a hit and miss thing, I personally fine just about everything I've added to an off-road vehicle will need some adjustments to fit. This is why I have a shop with just about every tool needed to make adjustment to what I want to install, build, or repair. All being said, your picks show that very little work is needed for all to fit properly, just from what I see.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
All being said, your picks show that very little work is needed for all to fit properly, just from what I see.
Yeah, the winch is not yet mounted, so I was thinking of popping the grill off & trimming a portion of the bottom off w/ a dremel.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Yeah, the winch is not yet mounted, so I was thinking of popping the grill off & trimming a portion of the bottom off w/ a dremel.
If the plastic touching the rope is your only concern, that may be the best option. No one will ever see it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I may go with both options.. Re-route the wire out the side, and still trim the bottom of the grill to prevent line rubbing..

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Not the best idea, adjusting the bumper would be my choice, slotting mounting holes on either the bumper, or winch mounting would be my choice. This will take some heavy duty power tools to do this.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I also modified my Badlands Power Leads to come out the side instead of the back...

Jeep Wrangler JL BADLANDS 12K WINCH NOT FITTING 1634135211705

Jeep Wrangler JL BADLANDS 12K WINCH NOT FITTING 1634135257442

I put it in my stock Steel Bumper with a Maximus-3 Winch Plate and think it fit just dandy!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL BADLANDS 12K WINCH NOT FITTING 1634139975415