Sponsored

Service shifter warning

ProJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Sharing what seems to have worked for us: Replacement of the CAN C IP (star) connectors/wiring harness (which lives behind the glove box.)
Our 2018 started having this problem at about 35k miles. It took nearly nine months to resolve and during those nine months spent about 70 days in the shop. The initial repair was a battery replacement which didn't change anything. The next repair was to replace the ABS control module and booster pump - no change. It was back at the shop the next day showing the same error code. Finally I compiled and printed a copy of various online threads highlighting and color coding what has worked and what has not and carried it with me to the dealership then pleaded with them to review the notes rather than to continue going off of the error codes. They opened a star case with Jeep which led to a replacement of the wiring harness/star connectors behind the glove box. We have not experienced any issues since this replacement.
Sponsored

fredrock80

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
THIS IS AS SIMPLE AS REMOVING THE GROUND WIRE DOWN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE TRANNY AND CLEANING OFF ALL OF THE CORROSION. I KNOW BECAUSE I REPAIRED MINE MYSELF! WIPERS GOING LOSS OF STEERING LIGHTS FLASHING ALL GONE AFTER YOU DO THIS SIMPLE THING! Your welcome. So dont go buy a shifter or any of that crap. Listen to me and do this and it will all stop! You have to file off all of the corrosion and spray with WD-40! It gets corroded because it is a steel grounding lead up against an aluminum tranny case. Corrodes like crazy. Mine was only 4 years old! 2018!
Can you post a picture of what we are looking for and need to clean?