Service Fuel Sensor

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
Why would this error message appear out of nowhere while causing the fuel gauge to read empty and Range to read Low?

Also, it is saying to service Start/Stop System.
Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Why would this error message appear out of nowhere while causing the fuel gauge to read empty and Range to read Low?

Something is wrong with the fuel sensor???

Sounds like random electrical issues, make sure the fuses are all seated properly.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
When that happened to me I called my priest.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

This is a total long shot, but did you try resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery?

Sponsored

OP
OP
VGxHC

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
Sorry for the short replies to everyone, I am out and about this evening.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi Steve,
Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please keep us updated. If assistance is needed while working with your dealer, feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Rubycon50

First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
We’re you able to get your fuel sensor warning fixed? What was the issue if you don't mind sharing?

I have the same issue going on with a warning on the dash. The tank is full but the fuel level shows empty. The jeep was an insurance writeoff with air bag deployment which I purchased from auction and have just about finished repairing. The electrical issues/codes are the last to fix and I have been slowly resolving them. The service fuel sensor warning has me stumped at the moment. I put the jeep on a new frame and transferred all the parts over. During the process of lifting the body I did accidentally stretch one electrical cable I did not see which maybe the culprit however the jeep does run which means the fuel pump is working and the sensor would be in the same wiring bundle I would assume.

I also thought possibly that the sensor might just be stuck as it was probably sitting at Copart auction yard and other places for a few months before I got it so I drove off our curb onto the street a few times hoping the jolt would release the sensor. No luck.

Last thought is the air bag deployment could be adding to the code. I have not replaced the air bag yet but will this week and also send the module off to clear the codes as they are hard coded and my Tazer will not clear it.

Another last thought, the steering wheel was about a quarter turn off and I have been test driving the jeep up and down the street. I have a bunch of other codes for servicing the the ESC, 4wd, etc which might be the cause of this and may have also contributed to the fuel sensor warning.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Khalidabu94

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
We’re you able to get your fuel sensor warning fixed? What was the issue if you don't mind sharing?

I have the same issue going on with a warning on the dash. The tank is full but the fuel level shows empty. The jeep was an insurance writeoff with air bag deployment which I purchased from auction and have just about finished repairing. The electrical issues/codes are the last to fix and I have been slowly resolving them. The service fuel sensor warning has me stumped at the moment. I put the jeep on a new frame and transferred all the parts over. During the process of lifting the body I did accidentally stretch one electrical cable I did not see which maybe the culprit however the jeep does run which means the fuel pump is working and the sensor would be in the same wiring bundle I would assume.

I also thought possibly that the sensor might just be stuck as it was probably sitting at Copart auction yard and other places for a few months before I got it so I drove off our curb onto the street a few times hoping the jolt would release the sensor. No luck.

Last thought is the air bag deployment could be adding to the code. I have not replaced the air bag yet but will this week and also send the module off to clear the codes as they are hard coded and my Tazer will not clear it.

Another last thought, the steering wheel was about a quarter turn off and I have been test driving the jeep up and down the street. I have a bunch of other codes for servicing the the ESC, 4wd, etc which might be the cause of this and may have also contributed to the fuel sensor warning.
Hello can you please help on how to fix, I had all these errors too and my car is bought from auction, everything fixed except the fuel level sensor
Sponsored