First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
The problem is this is happening without getting hit by anything. Mine cracked without being touched by anything. Just driving down the road with nobody near me. 2 hours after picking it up brand new from the dealership.
Really? I don’t get out much, but this is the first I’ve heard of spontaneous windshield self-destruction.
Demons?
Only 2400 miles in on mine, and no cracks yet, but I’m blessed to live where it’s not necessary to dump gravel on the highway to prevent carnage.
I can tell by the way it absolutely junglesplatters bugs that it’s a lot more likely to suffer from a rock hit than a more raked windshield though.
My time is probably coming....
Sponsored

Sandow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red 2 DR Rubicon
Really? I don’t get out much, but this is the first I’ve heard of spontaneous windshield self-destruction.
Demons?
Only 2400 miles in on mine, and no cracks yet, but I’m blessed to live where it’s not necessary to dump gravel on the highway to prevent carnage.
I can tell by the way it absolutely junglesplatters bugs that it’s a lot more likely to suffer from a rock hit than a more raked windshield though.
My time is probably coming....
There are a few people on here that have had it happen. Jeep is looking into it now. Dealership took pictures and sent it to corporate to determine if they are going to fix it or if I have to pay out of pocket. They told me it looks like it was damaged during production, or during shipping, and it likely had a small crack in upper left corner of windshield, then when I drove it home hitting some bumps likely made the crack expand.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I’m on my 4th.
4th?!?!?! Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
upload_2019-5-16_23-7-57.jpeg

I am still kinda new to the Wranger-game and like it so far and need a new windshield already, but! I swear fo’ lord if I was on #4... I will not get another wrangler.

Ruiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
4th?!?!?! Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
upload_2019-5-16_23-7-57.jpeg

I am still kinda new to the Wranger-game and like it so far and need a new windshield already, but! I swear fo’ lord if I was on #4... I will not get another wrangler.
I don’t mind, Colorado has some of the worst roads I’ve ever been on, I never see them clean the roads so there are rocks and crap everywhere, I wait until I get pulled over before I replace them usually.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Hmm, maybe this is why people put Grumpers and angry bird grills on???? to scare away the flying debris.

Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t mind, Colorado has some of the worst roads I’ve ever been on, I never see them clean the roads so there are rocks and crap everywhere, I wait until I get pulled over before I replace them usually.
True! Bout our roads. That waiting to get pulled over is a good idea! Swear we break at least one windshield a year out here

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
True! Bout our roads. That waiting to get pulled over is a good idea! Swear we break at least one windshield a year out here
It’s not Colorado roads. It’s the simple fact that y’all get a lot of snow, and salty gravel dumped on the road prevents a bunch of wrecks and deaths.
And breaks windshields.
And they do clear it off, in due time. Can’t have more services without paying for them.
I always thought CDOT did a pretty good job overall.
I lived in Colorado for 30 years.
I miss it in the summer.
Not in the winter.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not Colorado roads. It’s the simple fact that y’all get a lot of snow, and salty gravel dumped on the road prevents a bunch of wrecks and deaths.
And breaks windshields.
And they do clear it off, in due time. Can’t have more services without paying for them.
I always thought CDOT did a pretty good job overall.
I lived in Colorado for 30 years.
I miss it in the summer.
Not in the winter.
Agreed, all of that is true, BUT! Here is that but! Part, still sucks to have to replace 1-2 windshields per household per year... the trails, mountains, etc. make up for a lot of it though imo.

Mvp8500

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is this is happening without getting hit by anything. Mine cracked without being touched by anything. Just driving down the road with nobody near me. 2 hours after picking it up brand new from the dealership.
Same happened to us.
Sponsored