First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Is there no internal harddrive to store the music on?
Wonder if you couldn't download your entire music collection onto a passport, plug it into the #2 media port in the console, and leave the drive on the bottom of the console. Cover the passport with something and it would disappear. You would have non-repeating music for the life of the Jeep!
Sponsored

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Wonder if you couldn't download your entire music collection onto a passport, plug it into the #2 media port in the console, and leave the drive on the bottom of the console. Cover the passport with something and it would disappear. You would have non-repeating music for the life of the Jeep!
I know I'm replying to an old post here, but wanted you to know that your idea works fine. I am currently using a 128Gig USB memory stick but when I picked up my new Jeep I moved a Samsung T5 SSD from my previous Jeep over to the new Jeep and it works perfectly. I had about 5000 music tracks on it.

I've added more music and the memory stick is up to 6,800 tracks. I can have more music now because the previous stereo was a Pioneer NEX and the more files you had, the longer it took to start up.

Last edited:

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Hi there,
Well 1500kms on my new Jeep and I must say I am loving it! Getting converted!

Couple questions, I have decided I will put some mud flaps on, not loving the mopar moulded stuff. Looking for something that looks like the sparco, rally armour, etc brands that are mounted on rally cars, or even something similar to what's on the land rovers in this video

Anyone know of a source for something like this? I found a local shop that has big rig soft rubber flaps and I could cut them to fit.
Question about the mounting - what is the best way to mount to the vehicle? Self tapping screw? Are there certain spots to mount them to? Thanks!

One more question - i've looked everywhere, do my eyes deceive me? Is there no SD card reader (for music)?

Thanks!
I posted this in another thread:

https://www.amazon.com/Highland-100...=mud+flaps&dpPl=1&dpID=41rg-uHfFrL&ref=plSrch

These were the flaps I purchased. They are not form molded, but heavy rubberized flaps and they have worked perfectly. I was able to attach them with two screws through the inner fender lining and then two bolts that run through the flap near the bottom of the inner fender liner. At the bottom, there is a heavy plastic bracket that the liner attaches to. I made my measurements, drilled holes into my flaps and ran my bolts through the flaps, the liner and the bracket for a strong support. The bottom of the flap is about 10 inches from the bottom of the ground and sticks out about a half an inch on the side of the fender. Not a single rock hits the side of my Jeep orfenders and I drive down a rock road everyday.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I posted this in another thread:

https://www.amazon.com/Highland-100...=mud+flaps&dpPl=1&dpID=41rg-uHfFrL&ref=plSrch

These were the flaps I purchased. They are not form molded, but heavy rubberized flaps and they have worked perfectly. I was able to attach them with two screws through the inner fender lining and then two bolts that run through the flap near the bottom of the inner fender liner. At the bottom, there is a heavy plastic bracket that the liner attaches to. I made my measurements, drilled holes into my flaps and ran my bolts through the flaps, the liner and the bracket for a strong support. The bottom of the flap is about 10 inches from the bottom of the ground and sticks out about a half an inch on the side of the fender. Not a single rock hits the side of my Jeep orfenders and I drive down a rock road everyday.
You have pictures?

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
Where are y’all pulling your music from these days? I had been using Apple years ago. Is there some place cheaper these days?

Sponsored

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I've been thinking about buying a used Apple iPod classic, one of the last big capacity drive models and just plug it in to the USB in the console and leaving it. Fill it up with music. It'll stay charged and should have a decent format display on the dash. I tried it with one of the little iPod nanos and it works great.

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
I've been thinking about buying a used Apple iPod classic, one of the last big capacity drive models and just plug it in to the USB in the console and leaving it. Fill it up with music. It'll stay charged and should have a decent format display on the dash. I tried it with one of the little iPod nanos and it works great.
I bought an iPod Classic on eBay a couple years back. It's home changed from my dresser drawer to Jeep center console. Works great!
Sponsored