OP

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Well, I only have liability because in 25 years I’ve never been in an accident. So, I have not really needed it.

I have always paid cash for my vehicles. And, believe it or not, I don’t carry flood insurance or windstorm coverage for my home . When Harvey hit, I flooded. I didn’t have to wait for insurance adjusters or fema or anyone. I git right to fixing things and calling a contractor.

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Well, I only have liability because in 25 years I’ve never been in an accident. So, I have not really needed it.

I have always paid cash for my vehicles. And, believe it or not, I don’t carry flood insurance or windstorm coverage for my home . When Harvey hit, I flooded. I didn’t have to wait for insurance adjusters or fema or anyone. I git right to fixing things and calling a contractor.
I need to be on your will...

Hi, I was born in El Paso!

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL

200.gif

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Liability only on a "$50,000" vehicle? Alright... The little bit you save on coverage would be well worth the expense in an at fault accident. But hey, just like the angry grill, you do you!

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Tough crowd here...can't believe people are blasting the OP or thinking he is too poor to afford coverage like they prefer. You are always better off to self-insure any loss that you can afford to sustain.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Well for what it's worth we just did this same thing last week. Fortunately we were going VERY slow and stopped before any damage happened. Very easy to forget when backing into garage.. though I don't think we'll make that mistake again. I hope your Jeep feels better soon!

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Tough crowd here...can't believe people are blasting the OP or thinking he is too poor to afford coverage like they prefer. You are always better off to self-insure any loss that you can afford to sustain.
Who the heck is blasting him??!

Cant have normal dialogue w some humor? A few have asked an honest question.

You snowflakes really need to tough'n up already

OP
OP

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I've got pretty thick skin. I mainly wanted to draw attention to the fact that you have less overhead clearance in Safari top position than normal. I wish someone would have told me this last week. I was so busy making sure I was clearing the brick sides of my garage, I didn't even think about the roof clearance.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I've got pretty thick skin. I mainly wanted to draw attention to the fact that you have less overhead clearance in Safari top position than normal. I wish someone would have told me this last week. I was so busy making sure I was clearing the brick sides of my garage, I didn't even think about the roof clearance.
What is the height of your garage? I have pulled in and out of mine with the sun rider open many times.