Screen going crazy after wiping off.

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
So i took a micro fiber towel and wiped off the screen on my 8.4 system, it is now going crazy......won't stop changing stations, and the whole top part of the screen is non responsive. I can touch along the bottom and change from radio to off road page or phone or settings, but when the page comes up it goes crazy also. What is up with this thing? Anyone else have this happen? I tried turning the Jeep off, letting the screen shutdown, waiting a few minutes and starting it up again but it starts right in changing on its own again.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
So i took a micro fiber towel and wiped off the screen on my 8.4 system, it is now going crazy......won't stop changing stations, and the whole top part of the screen is non responsive. I can touch along the bottom and change from radio to off road page or phone or settings, but when the page comes up it goes crazy also. What is up with this thing? Anyone else have this happen? I tried turning the Jeep off, letting the screen shutdown, waiting a few minutes and starting it up again but it starts right in changing on its own again.
Pull fuse F97, and make this your daily routine, at least I have to do this almost everyday so my 8.4 can function as designed.

Dealer says 'Can not replicate'

OP
OP
Bocephus1963

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forklift Operator
Pull fuse F97, and make this your daily routine, at least I have to do this almost everyday so my 8.4 can function as designed.

Dealer says 'Can not replicate'
Thanks, i'll try that and see if it works

OP
OP
Bocephus1963

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forklift Operator
I see you changed your reply, lol. I pulled fuses f11 and f97 like you suggested, when i started the jeep the screen looked totally different and i had no xmradio or offroad pages. I called sirius xm and had them send a signal to the jeep and everything came back. It stopped going crazy and is back to normal. Thanks much for your help, thought i was going to have to head to the dealership in the morning, you saved me the trip. Many thanks my friend.

skipwalker_pa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This happened to me twice on a colder eastern PA morning. It cycles thru every thing From the radio to the climate control to everything basically. I took a video of the experience because it looks like a ghost was controlling the whole system. When I go to the dealer I’m assuming they’re going to tell me the same thing they told you.

Is the fuse the only way to fix? Feels like this could be a major problem long term.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bocephus1963

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forklift Operator
This happened to me twice on a colder eastern PA morning. It cycles thru every thing From the radio to the climate control to everything basically. I took a video of the experience because it looks like a ghost was controlling the whole system. When I go to the dealer I’m assuming they’re going to tell me the same thing they told you.

Is the fuse the only way to fix? Feels like this could be a major problem long term.

OP
OP
Bocephus1963

Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forklift Operator
So i pulled the f97 fuse, put it back in and havent had a problem since. Pulling the fuse just basically cuts power and forces it to restart....kind of like restarting your cell phone when it has a glitch.
Sponsored