South Carolina Rust on Suspension

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Why is this thread in a for sale suspension section for JL’s?
Because a new member was making their first post and didn't know the proper forum etiquette?

Later,
Johnny

Advertisement

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
Last week I got under there and sprayed fluid film everywhere I could. Did not spray the exhaust or anything not metal. We plan on taking the Jeep to the beach periodically but will run it through the car wash each trip. We are on the monthly plan at the local car wash so will run it through often... You can get the fluid film from Lowes where the lubricants are.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL 2 door Bikini
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Let me add that this is a 2017 wrangler with 16000 miles on it.
a vehicle sitting is sometimes worst than a vehicle that is being driven daily because the humidity from the floor or other surface underneath climbs up in vapor and sits and condensates on you underbody. I'm saying that because 16000 miles for a 2017.

But for the year, I don't think its abnormal because the vehicle is sitting a lot. you could always have it oil sprayed if that exists in your area, it works wonders here in the rust belt in Canada...;)

OP

Jeepgal

First Name
Kimberly
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 6 Speed, 2016 Odyssey, 2014 Accord
Build Thread
Link
If you don’t have to buy a rusty Jeep from the “salt belt”, don’t. There are plenty of rust free southern Jeeps out there.

Hey ChattVol, how’s that new baby?
Baby is doing good...Thanks for asking. We should get together and wrench sometime soon.:bandit: