buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Not really.

Punk'n still requires tan leather (no black leather or black cloth) = grey dash
Mojito still requires tan leather (no black leather or black cloth) = grey dash

So those two colors require tan interior. Since there is no current tan cloth interior, it forces you to upgrade to leather.

All very strange if you ask me.
This is what makes me think that maybe we just have a configurator error and Black will be able to be ordered when those colors come available.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m crossing my fingers on, anyway.
Sponsored

Reactions: Gus

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Not really.

Punk'n still requires tan leather (no black leather or black cloth) = grey dash
Mojito still requires tan leather (no black leather or black cloth) = grey dash

So those two colors require tan interior. Since there is no current tan cloth interior, it forces you to upgrade to leather.

All very strange if you ask me.
It is only that way on the colors that are not available to order, right? I would be surprised if that holds true when those colors are actually available.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
^Jeepsterfreak
True, but they did change Ocean (and maybe others) to not requiring black/red. the only thing certain is the configuration changes now and then, lol!

It's a bit odd as you say. The red dash seems subjective as I've read the "spotted at dealer" thread and some think the red dash makes sense and looks good and others don't. If I could chose, no way I would pick it...so I'm trying to decide how to work around it based on a dash color, lol!

pmcgeejr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited Eco-Diesel (ready to order...)
Occupation
Network Engineer
I think we are hoping that Jeep will make Heritage Tan cloth available for Rubi soon.
I agree thats what i'm hoping. I will be in Florida and don't want the leather seats but i do want the tan seats

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
What is so hard about vinyl wrapping the dash whatever color you want? Hell, you can vinyl wrap it with carbon fiber looking material and be super fancy.

Changing colors and getting tan leather just for a black dash is slightly overboard. Have it painted for cheap or wrap it.

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
What is so hard about vinyl wrapping the dash whatever color you want? Hell, you can vinyl wrap it with carbon fiber looking material and be super fancy.

Changing colors and getting tan leather just for a black dash is slightly overboard. Have it painted for cheap or wrap it.
Agreed. After seeing it in person yesterday I don't hate it anymore. Way less "RED" than what the pictures show. Kind of matt or satin finish. It's a subtle color. I went from hating it to liking it just because I finally got to see it in person. To your point... Yes an easy and cheap fix if you want it to be. Don't order Tan seats if really want Black. I almost ordered the Tan to avoid the Red dash and so glad I didn't after seeing it. I might go Black leather dash like the Sahara to match someday but I'll prob forget all about it after two weeks. Non-factor for me anymore.

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
How hard is to remove the dash to paint or wrap? Iā€™d actually like the black Sahara dash. It looks to be leather. Will it be available to purchase separately?

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
Agreed, I'll either wrap that red in some form of Dark Grey to match my Metallic Granite Grey, or buy aftermarket covers. I gotta think that the aftermarket vendors will fill that void pretty quickly. As much as I like some Red Accents I think it might get old real quick.

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
How hard is to remove the dash to paint or wrap? Iā€™d actually like the black Sahara dash. It looks to be leather. Will it be available to purchase separately?
Should be able to take it to any upholstery shop and have them wrap in a leather or other material if you dont want to attempt it yourself. fairly easy to do though and even at a shop the cost shouldnt be that much if you remove the panels yourself first.

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I'm wondering if anyone has changed this themselves yet? I want a Mojito! JLR with a red dash.

Sponsored

SlickJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Honda Element (2018 JL 3.6L on order)
I'm wondering if anyone has changed this themselves yet? I want a Mojito! JLR with a red dash.
No you donā€™t. Saw someone post a picture either on here or on Reddit of a Mojito green Jeep with a red dash, it sounded good it my head but it was hideous in the pictures. Completely clashed and looked WAY too Christmas-ey.

SlickJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Honda Element (2018 JL 3.6L on order)
The dude who posted even said ā€œmehā€ and couldnā€™t even pretend to like it lol
Sponsored