Sponsored

Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help!

jdhjeep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Hi All,
First time posting here hoping for some assistance. Just traded up from a JL Sahara to a Rubicon and have been eyeing the Mopar slotted off road wheels for some time. I plan to have them mounted on 35 inch K02s with no lift, but before I pull the trigger does anyone happen to have photos of this set up on a rubicon? Or on any 35s with no lift? I've searched the forum high and low but I'm finding most have lifts installed which I'm not interested in. Curious to see the offset straight on from the front and back if possible too. Also, I know K02s are pretty beloved but how are they with road noise compared to other tires (I do a lot of highway driving). From what I remember they're not bad but just figured I'd throw that question out there too.
Appreciate any help/advice! Thanks!

wheel.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

jdhjeep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-rubicon-on-35s-no-lift.7290/

You haven't searched very high or very low, because its just below your post. Mopar Slotted are one of the better looking wheels for the JL in my opinion. Your 35" BFGs will be fine without a lift.
Oh I know 35s will fit without issue, was asking if anyone specifically had the mopar slotted wheels + 35s + no lift on a rubi. Figured it was a long shot as I've gone through that thread and others on the forum over the past couple of weeks but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for so I thought I'd throw up a quick post.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,
First time posting here hoping for some assistance. Just traded up from a JL Sahara to a Rubicon and have been eyeing the Mopar slotted off road wheels for some time. I plan to have them mounted on 35 inch K02s with no lift, but before I pull the trigger does anyone happen to have photos of this set up on a rubicon? Or on any 35s with no lift? I've searched the forum high and low but I'm finding most have lifts installed which I'm not interested in. Curious to see the offset straight on from the front and back if possible too. Also, I know K02s are pretty beloved but how are they with road noise compared to other tires (I do a lot of highway driving). From what I remember they're not bad but just figured I'd throw that question out there too.
Appreciate any help/advice! Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! wheel
I didn't have that specific wheel, but assuming it's got the same +44 mm offset as the factory wheels, I can provide pics of the 315/70-17 ko2's on factory upgrade wheels without any wheel spacers or lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! 20190827_132759
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! 20190827_132749
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! 20190827_132924
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! 20190827_132710

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
They fit my 2dr sport with 35’s and no lift so your rubicon should be totally fine . 17x8.5 size with a 5.22 inch backspace (+12mm offset)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! 396CF5F5-03BC-44DF-BBA6-B2CE464E5E7F

Sponsored

OP
OP

jdhjeep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
I didn't have that specific wheel, but assuming it's got the same +44 mm offset as the factory wheels, I can provide pics of the 315/70-17 ko2's on factory upgrade wheels without any wheel spacers or lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! 396CF5F5-03BC-44DF-BBA6-B2CE464E5E7F
Thanks for sharing. The wheels I'm looking at are listed as 17x8.5 with a 5.22 inch backspace (+12mm offset) so slightly wider than the stock wheels I guess, but youve pretty much got the look Im going for.

OP
OP

jdhjeep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
They fit my 2dr sport with 35’s and no lift so your rubicon should be totally fine . 17x8.5 size with a 5.22 inch backspace (+12mm offset)
Looks awesome! Do you have any shots straight on from the front and back? Hoping to get a sense of how far the tires stick out on the side. Want them to stick out a little but not too much haha. My jeep is black too and plan to have the wheels powder-coated to match.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
I do also run Toyo Open county tires not the ones you mentioned. Can’t say I support powder coating them black though . The finish is one of the reasons I bought them but to each their own . So many black wheels just disappear into the tire. If you want black wheels there are tons of cheaper options IMO.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! BA1A2785-961D-4E25-B589-F4B4FC6F0F40

Last edited:
OP
OP

jdhjeep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
I do also run Toyo Open county tires not the ones you mentioned. Can’t say I support powder coating them black though . The finish is one of the reasons I bought them but to each their own . So many black wheels just disappear into the tire. If you want black wheels there are tons of cheaper options IMO.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon + Mopar Slotted Offroad Wheel/Tire help! BA1A2785-961D-4E25-B589-F4B4FC6F0F40
I totally hear you on the powder coating, especially with these wheels and their current finish, but this is my 4th wrangler (had two JKs as well) and have always wanted to do one with a full black on black look. Unfortunately, these are the only wheels on the market that I'd buy right now as I feel they match the lines/aesthetic of the JL perfectly.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
hey , you do you! its your jeep. But at least you know they will fit now ;)
Sponsored