First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
So...getting ideas for the new 2021 JLUR, modding to begin in May once the new house is finished being built and I have a garage to mod in...came across this and really like the over all appearance, features and styling but, looking closer it appears ( I could be wrong ) that a few of the welds are a tad suspect...any experiences / feedback on quality control is appreciated.

Mostly around the plating...not so much the tubing as seen here:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rough-country/tubular-front-winch-bumper-skid-plate-wrangler-jl-jk-10647
Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Can't speak to the quality, never touched one in person, but it is a nice looking bumper. Only negative I see visually is the overdone logo in the skid. I don't like how most manufacturers over logo their stuff. DV8 would be the worst offender.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Rough Country isn't known for good quality control or coatings on any of their stuff. If you live in an area that sees a lot of humidity, and aren't willing to hit your stuff with a rattle can often, I would avoid most of their stuff. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Rough Country was big when XJ and TJ came out, but they haven’t kept up with the times. By the time JK came out, Rough Country was a non-entity.

They seem to have been trying to get back in the game with JL; competing mostly on price.

To be fair, I haven’t owned any of their stuff. By the same token, I have not seen or heard anyone say “I wish I had gotten the Rough Country...”

It’s all in the name...

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The only experience I have with them is the rear security drawer/box that I just got from them. The quality seems okay, but not sure how their exterior accessories would hold up...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatalis12B

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Can't speak to the quality, never touched one in person, but it is a nice looking bumper. Only negative I see visually is the overdone logo in the skid. I don't like how most manufacturers over logo their stuff. DV8 would be the worst offender.
Nothing that a drill, 4 holes and a front license plate couldn't conceal...lol

OP
OP
Fatalis12B

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Rough Country was big when XJ and TJ came out, but they haven’t kept up with the times. By the time JK came out, Rough Country was a non-entity.

They seem to have been trying to get back in the game with JL; competing mostly on price.

To be fair, I haven’t owned any of their stuff. By the same token, I have not seen or heard anyone say “I wish I had gotten the Rough Country...”

It’s all in the name...
True but, for a whopping $1500 all in for front and rear, if the quality is at least fair and not complete junk, I may be willing to give it a go because my next preferred setup is the AEV RX's for over $5K

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
True but, for a whopping $1500 all in for front and rear, if the quality is at least fair and not complete junk, I may be willing to give it a go because my next preferred setup is the AEV RX's for over $5K
I got Smittybilt SRC front, rear, and side steps for less than $1500 and they have a similar look. Happy with the quality.

Photos from various angles. (They make the SRC steps for the 4 door as well.)

IMG_7589.jpeg

IMG_7587.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7581.jpeg

IMG_7578.jpeg

IMG_7576.jpeg

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'll beat the dead horse.... Pay once, cry once. Research the snot out of any mods you put on. You should lose sleep. Seriously. I won't put Rough Country on my stuff. Some frineds have and all I hear is "it's okay for what it is." Obviously there will be things way out of your price range, but with enough research, you will find a happy medium. I don't think I'd go with RC.

OP
OP
Fatalis12B

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
I'll beat the dead horse.... Pay once, cry once. Research the snot out of any mods you put on. You should lose sleep. Seriously. I won't put Rough Country on my stuff. Some frineds have and all I hear is "it's okay for what it is." Obviously there will be things way out of your price range, but with enough research, you will find a happy medium. I don't think I'd go with RC.
I fully agree actually...just trying to not go waaay overboard like I did with my 2014 JKUR and still get functional...not an easy task.

Sponsored

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I fully agree actually...just trying to not go waaay overboard like I did with my 2014 JKUR and still get functional...not an easy task.
Did the same on my 2017 for sure, you're not alone. This time around I got exactly what I wanted within reason. The only "settle" I had was the winch. Waited three months for a Zeon 10-S and it just kept getting pushed out. Ended up with a Shittybuilt. That said, it spools really dang fast compared to the Warn. I just don't know about longevity. We shall see. Good luck and get what you want.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
The only RC parts I have on my rig are their adjustable LCA’s. So far, they are good. The shop that did my install said they work with those particular ones a lot and haven’t had any issues. As for the rest of the RC parts lineup, I couldn’t say. Then again, adjustable LCA’s aren’t the most complex of parts to manufacture.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I used their tailgate relocation bracket and it was actually a well built product, but I know a lot of people who have installed their lift kits on Jeeps over the years and none of them end up keeping them for very long.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i recently installed their inner fender liners... seem pretty solid to me so far. i did have to deal with the customer service though as the hardware bag was missing.... but they where quick to get them shipped to me. As for the product I am not gonna complain since i did not have to pay close to a grand for some thin sheet metal

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I put on their contour step rails and they seem pretty good, especially for the price. They were one of the few that tucked in as close to the body like I wanted.

For parts like that or the tire mount relocator etc, I dont hesitate to use them. For suspension components though, Im reluctant.
Sponsored